Merry Christmas

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 junglewalk

junglewalk

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:The 98k rifle, MP-40 & 44; the Thompson.......reloading, HO scale military miniatures.......

Posted 18 December 2003 - 07:47 PM

I liked the c-ration fruitcake: kept me going in the field.........Christmas 1968, I tried to trade an M-16 & 6 cans of fruitcake to an RVN, for a M1 Thompson along Hgwy #1.........He wouldn't do it !.......wonder why ?...
MERRY CHRISTMAS, YOU MGB FREEKS !...........get some guts,and come thru the 'Jungle' this year.... blink.gif

#22 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4617 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 18 December 2003 - 10:02 PM

Lionhart, I remember you going outside to take that picture. I wish I had known I would have said howdy. I was sitting there helping pack up the table that day. I think it was Sunday.

#23 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 19 December 2003 - 03:44 PM

Now I have a face to put with a very nice guy I keep talking to over the phone, I think Mr. Richardson gets more of my "Disposable" income than the better half.

Merry Christmas to you all, and may you find that 10lb box under the tree or ariving at your FFL a couple of days later.

BB

PS. we have pumkin and fruit cake serving noble purposes, do I hear a call for a Boer type TSMG egg shoot come day after easter ? rolleyes.gif

#24 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 19 December 2003 - 04:37 PM

I hope all of the MGB family have a great holiday season and an exciting, interesting and rewarding new year!!! Thanks to Nick, Chris and Frank for making this forum available and thanks to all who contribute to the board with their advice, stories, questions, photos, videos, etc. Regards, Walter

P.S. Lionhart, I like to cut my egg nog with a little schnapps! blink.gif ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif Have a good one guys!

#25 john

john

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:09 PM

Wishing you all the best during this holiday season.....Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!!

john

#26 Brickyard

Brickyard

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:WWII guns<br>Golf when not shooting or reading this board<br>Family (Have to say that, someone will read this)<br>My dogs (screw the cat)<br>My '53 Willy's Jeep

Posted 21 December 2003 - 03:06 PM

Well I’m kicking in a bit late in the post but it’s still pre-Christmas …

Good time of year to reflect on many things… Friends, family, bullets …

Can’t say enough about everyone on the boards; all the help, information and support extended. Frank and Nick; don’t know where a lot of us would be without this forum. Many, many thanks.

I wish everyone a wonderful holiday season. Take a minute in your own way and remember what the season is really all about, I know I have need to.

(Mike, let’s start looking for those Wal-Mart after Christmas fruitcake sales, if, ya know what I mean?)

All the best,

CJR

#27 First Sergeant

First Sergeant

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 758 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 03:56 PM

To all;

Have a wonderful and safe Holiday Season. I agree with Chris; to keep you and your Tommy Gun cycling properly WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS !!

Thanks also to everyone who makes this board such a wealth of information and commandery. Hope to meet more board members next year at various get-togethers.

Chuck

#28 M1tommygun

M1tommygun

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Military history especially WW2. Firearms. Some aviation and muscle cars.

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:29 AM

I want to wish everyone a very Happy and Safe Christmas and New year. I hope Santa will bring you all everything you want. Frank and Nick, thanks for this excellent forum. I have learned so much since I came here and joined the Thompson ranks (well, the SA ranks).

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

#29 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 23 December 2003 - 09:16 PM

Merry Xmas to all the typewriters!
May your stockings be stuffed with 230 gr hardball!
Zamm

PS. You gotta be kidding about that veil thing???
Please, tell me your kidding.

#30 Tman

Tman

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 495 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, in general

Posted 24 December 2003 - 10:20 AM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from your friendly ATF agent in TX.

#31 NDLawyer

NDLawyer

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, firearms in general, hunting, reading (almost anything, fiction or nonfiction), golf, computers, history.

Posted 25 December 2003 - 10:21 AM

HAPPY FESTIVUS TO YOU, CHRIS!

And now, the feats of Strength! (Seinfeld)

Merry Christmas to all. Does it make anyone wonder that some states ban full auto weapons but allow fruitcakes? One would think it would violate some federal law to ship them interstate through the mail.

While I too would enjoy blasting a fruitcake, I would caution everyone to look out for richochets. Some of these cakes have been passed on from year to year and may, by now, be bullet proof.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!

Dave

#32 wolfer113

wolfer113

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Guns,Shooting,Knob Creek,Gun Matches,Hunting,Building Guns etc

Posted 25 December 2003 - 10:48 AM

Merry X-MAS everyone........may the new year bring even more brass to the ground than ever....can't wait to see what comes about with the bans that will hopefully sunset.......

#33 Gunner

Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 10:59 AM

God rest ye merry, Gentlemen!

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, everyone! I've been on this board for a few months now, "lurking" mostly, and soaking up a tremendous amount of information and moral support from you guys. Thanks again to everybody, and particularly to Nick, the moderators, and other volunteers who keep this sight going.

Don

#34 TommyFan

TommyFan

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 11:51 AM

Merry Christmas, and a propserous New Year to everyone! Did anybody check to make sure the thread on the fuitcake was not started by a baker???? Probably be good for business.

What's next? Stinky Cheese log target practice??

John blink.gif