Who Are Some Good Gunsmiths?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Postal0311

Postal0311

• Regular Group
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 10:26 AM

A while back I bought a Kahr 1927 and it basicly was a total piece of junk. I sent it back to repair, and when I got it back, took it shooting once, and the sights fell off.

So, now I am in the USMC, and I got some spare cash, I am thinking of sending it off to be overhauled and fixed up. I unfortunaly dont have the time/tools/ or knowledge to do this my self, so I would like to know of some gunsmiths who would be able to cure my Thompson of its ills.

What gunsmiths out there work on Thompsons?

#2 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 18 December 2003 - 11:11 AM

Welcome! PK here is highly recommened by many. His contact info is in the FAQ at the top of the board.

#3 must

must

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:all Thompsons, M1 carbines, & early Mustangs

Posted 18 December 2003 - 11:28 AM

PK in Colorado is the one to go to. He fixed my jamamatic WHM1 & now it sings with no problem!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#4 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts
  • Interests:collecting nfa, old cars, huntin` n fishin`, reloading ammo

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER
    MARINE CORP LEAGUE PISTOL TEAM MEMBER

Posted 18 December 2003 - 12:12 PM

Postal0113, PK IN COL. HAS MY WH28 RIGHT NOW BASED ON EVERYONES RECOMMENDATION ON THIS BOARD. THAT WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME,I`M SURE HE CAN HELP...GIVE HIM A CALL.KEEPEM`SMOKIN`out. wink.gif