Watch closely.

http://www.apple.com...orldoftomorrow/

#2 Poprivit

Poprivit

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 08:20 PM

Good shot of the three Thompsons in the beginning. Guess I'll have to go see the flic next year.

#3 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:55 PM

Jon Voight's kid, and machine guns! What more could a guy want?

#4 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 23 December 2003 - 09:12 PM

Hey,
If ever there was a movie with the flavor of the 30's Rust...
I think I saw Chris in a scene!
Zamm

#5 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 27 December 2003 - 12:58 AM

Looks like something to look forward to, hope the writing was better than League of Extrodanary Gentlemen.

BB

#6 Grumpy

Grumpy

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 272 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 11:43 AM

COOL!

Thompsons and a P-40!

p.s. Funny thing, when I first looked at the trailer back on the 22nd after StoryforU posted the link. I could have sworn Sky Capt. was flying a P-36! Must be my eyes.

#7 Bill in VA

Bill in VA

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 07:11 PM

Not 'Pulp Fiction,' but I noticed another TSMG scene hidden in Hollywood this afternoon. In the movie 'The Sandlot' there's a scene where one little boy is telling the "new kid" the legend of "the Beast" (the local junkyard dog) and the police in the sub-story are carrying TSMGs to protect themselves from "the Beast." It seems TSMGs show up in the least likey movies sometimes.

#8 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4556 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 28 December 2003 - 08:23 AM

Also one in Ed Wood I just noticed last night. It's in a scene when Bela Legusi goes off on Boris Carloff. It's hanging on the wall in the back. Of course when I said "Hey looks it's a Thompson like mine", my wife just gave a heavy sigh.

#9 StoryforU

StoryforU

• Regular Group
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 01:49 PM

From Hemingway's TO HAVE AND TO HAVE NOT. Anyone know if this scene was accurately portrayed in the 1945 movie with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall?

http://btobsearch.ba...displayonly=CHP

Caution: Insensitive language below.

The first thing a pane of glass went and the bullet smashed into the row of bottles on the showcase wall to the right. I heard the gun going and, bop, bop, bop, there were bottles smashing all along the wall.

I jumped behind the bar on the left side and could see looking over the edge. The car was stopped and there were two fellows crouched down by it. One had a Thompson gun and the other had a sawed-off automatic shotgun. The one with the Thompson gun was a nigger. The other had a chauffeur's white duster on.

One of the boys was spread out on the sidewalk, face down, just outside the big window that was smashed. The other two were behind one of the Tropical beer ice wagons that was stopped in front of the Cunard bar next door. One of the ice-wagon horses was down in the harness, kicking, and the other was plunging his head off.

One of the boys shot from the rear corner of the wagon and it ricocheted off the sidewalk. The nigger with the Tommy gun got his face almost into the street and gave the back of the wagon a burst from underneath and sure enough one came down, falling toward the sidewalk with his head above the curb. He flopped there, putting his hands over his head, and the chauffeur shot at him with the shotgun while the nigger put in a fresh pan; but it was a long shot. You could see the buckshot marks all over the sidewalk like silver splatters.

#10 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 30 December 2003 - 03:04 PM

in the pilot episode of the "A-TEAM", there are two Thompsons, without Compensators, and featuring Vertical Foregrips. Colts? Not sure.

#11 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3453 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 03:21 PM

This scene was perhaps the only sequence filmed that was actually described in the book. The only thing the movie and the book have in common is the title. Except for the substitution of a Vichy Frog for the Haitain, the scene is replayed in the film.