More Help Please.

You guys have been so helpful before I thought I might push my luck. Why not? It's Christmas. Thanks to you all and especially to Charley and his tip, I think I found my new love. Savage 1928A1 mathching upper and lower with early features. Best of all, the serial number means something special to me. I don't have all the reference material I need yet, but I know somebody out there in Thompson Cyber Space must have access to the information I want. The serial number is S110770. What is the place, month and year it was built? All educated guesses, even WAGS are acceptable. Out here. Hank

just buy it..................then we can talk about it here for hours...................a military is great,also remember alot of unmarked lowers did get numbers later on to match them up,mi's mia1's and 28's.........

not by the real deal military but later on.by guys who wanted a unumbered lower to match the serial,with a nice new park job............and all that.new wood,and stuff..........enjoy the gun,it looks like you will get a winner to be proud of........happy collecting and shooting,what a nice x-mas gift.take care,ron

colt21a

Buy American Thunder, then you'll have the same production figures as the rest of us to interpolate and take WAG of date of manufacture from.

Is your 28 Blued or Parkerized, if blued are the inspector marks bare metal or slightly brown ?

BB

Well, this is certainly a WAG, but looking at the production numbers from page 130 of "American Thunder", #S110770 would fall around April or May, '41. Again, this is ONLY a WAG (heavy on the WA).

It is certainly a Savage, however (that's the "S"). As I recall (and I'll be the first to admit it, so please don't flame), AO hadn't opened up their own plant yet, given that early a number.

Any British markings?

Good luck!