"fire Storm In The Desert"

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mp40

mp40

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Collecting guns(what else?) cars (fords) and collecting modelguns (a primarily Japanese hobby, plastic/zinc hi-tech cap guns)

Posted 22 December 2003 - 10:10 PM

Anyone seen this video? from Dillon Presision? Interesting video, not many subguns though! I was expecting a few more but...Anyways, it has some good video of a Colt 21 firing. Also, it shows the Champlin fighter museum when they had the machinegun display (with the Midas Thompson) circa? 87?...

#2 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3456 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 10:47 PM

Dillon's son and daughter love shooting his sub guns, machine guns, quad .50, etc. So much for his collection ever going to auction. The "Midas" was at Doug Champlin's Fighter Museum from 1987 until the museum moved to Seattle, and Champlin sold the Earl collection guns back in 2000.

#3 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3480 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 23 December 2003 - 12:40 AM

yep and the midas went to mr k......................in ohio,secret,and sold through dale who is now in tommygun heaven...........[really he died last month or so}

i saw that gun one of dillons first,its rough tho,and alot of side rec.wear.............but what the heck he's rich he shoots it,and he can always buy another for 20,000.......chump change when you own a huey with a mini-gun for fun...................and a six mill-plus contract with uncle sam................

and on and on.............i miss the chappee museum.............wonder what happened to the fulke wulf 190d..maybe ole man marty mandall bought it,wink!!!

yep good tape,good times..........................and the bar seen laying on the ground,watch that part..............good time's...................................take care,ron

#4 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts
  • Interests:collecting nfa, old cars, huntin` n fishin`, reloading ammo

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER
    MARINE CORP LEAGUE PISTOL TEAM MEMBER

Posted 23 December 2003 - 04:25 PM

Hey guys, the `MIDAS` is in Fla. at the NASLEEM museum run by Wm. Douglas...quite impressive.I believe the gentleman died the very night final arrangements were made for the `Midas` to be picked up at the Creek...very sad.... The video is awsome,ruined me for life....thank goodness!KEEPEM`SMOKIN`,out. wink.gif

#5 Fencer

Fencer

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:WWII U.S. military weapons, Air to Air combat. I was involved with a game called AirWarrior, doing some work on the two published versions of the game. I love the P-51 Mustang, and used to operate a website devoted to photos of various P-51s I took over the years. Basset Hounds Rule!

Posted 23 December 2003 - 09:43 PM

I believe the Fw-190D9 or was it a D13.. was bought by one of the co-founders of Microsoft. He bought the rest of
the collection as well (aircraft). Last I knew it was going into a museum up in Washington State. The Boeing Museum???

Saw that Fw-190D and the rest of the collection about 11 years ago. What a nice collection in one of the hottest places ever.
It was 10:00am and already above 110dF in the hangar. Course it was early August...

I am a long time P-51D Mustang enthusiast, they had an A-36A there.

Cheers,

#6 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 23 December 2003 - 09:55 PM

MP40, What video? blink.gif Is there a link or a URL? ohmy.gif smile.gif Regards, Walter

#7 mp40

mp40

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Collecting guns(what else?) cars (fords) and collecting modelguns (a primarily Japanese hobby, plastic/zinc hi-tech cap guns)

Posted 23 December 2003 - 10:50 PM

Hi Walter63a, The video (tape) that we are refering to is one that is available from Dillon precision: http://dillonprecision.com/default.cfm? Athough, it is an older video.. They might still carry it (i think)

#8 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:16 PM

Thanks, MP40! I'll have to check it out! blink.gif biggrin.gif Regards, Walter

#9 Waffen Und Bier

Waffen Und Bier

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 642 posts
  • Interests:Like the name says "Guns and beer" (and really hot chicks who like guns and beer).

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:35 PM

Here's me with my P51D. It's on loan to a museum (yeah, right) wink.gif

user posted image