Did 1927a1 Have Slings? If So...

...how does it mount? I know it mounts on the buttstock, as the used gun I purchased has the swivel mount instlalled already down there.

But, where abouts does it mount on the upper part of the gun? On the barrel? On the vertical fore grip?

Please advise.

Anyone have a picture of a 1927 or any other tommy gun with the vertical foregrip for that matter, that has a sling attached?

You can put it on the side of the front grip like the Brits did during WW2. I've seen vintage photos of it on either side. Usually then they moved the rear swivel to the top of the butt stock. I also recall seeing some of the newer commemorative 1927's with the swivel on one side of the vertical grip.

Dan

I asked the same question a while ago. Seems like some came from the factory with slings and some did not. It's really personal preference how you mount it. The history books show the british models mounted on the foregrip on either the left or right side depending on the person. The americans never used a vertical foregrip. Order a swivel from IMA or SARCO with a couple of screws and get a garand sling. That sling measured 1" longer was the same width and color as the stock sling on the M1 semi.

The swivel will go as far forward as poss above the index finger and below the upper ridge on the grip. Once you get the part you will see how it lays.

I used the right side of the grip so there is no drum interference.

M1Brian

• 17 years later...

Use a Barrel Clamp from OpticPlanets.com Size .75-.825 Part GTSW305 You then can use a standard sling mount to it. The kit comes with that also. I did put in a couple of drops of Super Glue to make sure it don't move or you can use Lock-tite. kit cost $20

Edited by LGuiherjr54

Use a Barrel Clamp from OpticPlanets.com Size .75-.825 Part GTSW305 You then can use a standard sling mount to it. The kit comes with that also. I did put in a couple of drops of Super Glue to make sure it don't move or you can use Lock-tite. kit cost $20

The post you replied to is from over 17 years ago.