Wtb: Bm-59/62 Barrels

UK Armourer

Guys,

I'm not sure if any of the members bought out the last of the Reese Surplus BM-59/62 inventory (Colleen there says they are completely out of inventory now), but I am looking for all variants of the BM-59/62 family barrels i.e.

Beretta M1 Garand Barrel in 7.62mm (.308" for those in the US :lol: )

Beretta BM-62 Barrel

Beretta BM-59 Mk 1 Ital Barrel

Beretta BM-59 Para Barrel

Beretta LMG 'Nigerian' Type Barrel

I am interested in other parts too.

I have parts to trade such as 'New old stock' Para folding stocks (complete), Trigger assemblies (NOS) complete, Gas assemblies (used & NOS).

Let me know what you have available?

Cheers,

Vic

Vic - unfortunately, the US for the most part will not allow shipments of the parts you are looking for without the individual having a export license. I believe besides the regular ATF export license, you also need a license from the US State Department (people can correct me if I'm wrong). I happen to be a 'class 01' license holder and had a individual want to purchase a MagPul stock, unfortunately that was on the list of banned items so there was nothing I could do as far as shipping outside the US. Eotech mounts are also in the same position with no shipments outside the US. SARCO has a export license but you would probably need to contact them directly. Numrich DID NOT purchase any of the Reese stock, they didn't even know that it was gone. I think getting anything from the US will be difficult, whether it is one part or many - again, just my opinion. Regards, Art

Art & Guys,

Whilst I appreciate that export of gun parts from the US is a sensitive issue I was after finding the various barrels to buy and having them shipped to a buddy in the US. I need them for my research into the BM-59 development and manufacture and my buddy would log, inspect, identify, and photograph them for my book.

My greatest interest right now is a dimensioned drawing of a BM-59 receiver and the whereabouts of the Reese Surplus inventory?

Cheers,

Vic

Edited by UK Armourer

• 2 weeks later...
Art & Guys,

Whilst I appreciate that export of gun parts from the US is a sensitive issue I was after finding the various barrels to buy and having them shipped to a buddy in the US. I need them for my research into the BM-59 development and manufacture and my buddy would log, inspect, identify, and photograph them for my book.

My greatest interest right now is a dimensioned drawing of a BM-59 receiver and the whereabouts of the Reese Surplus inventory?

Cheers,

Vic

Vic, some of the Reese inventory,not all was purchased by Tim Shufflin of Shuff's Parkerizing.

• 1 month later...

"Is there, or would there be any interest in having some run. Have looked at running BM59 length with standard profile at lower band.

If there is interest, please weigh in as to what you would want.

Greg"

BM59 length with standard profile would be fine. I need at least 3 barrels possibly more. If you can get them chrome lined and made by a company like Criterion, it would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have or can anyone provide a dimensioned drawing or sketch of the fwd band area of a BM59 barrel? I had planed to buy a BM59 Barrel from Reeses as a Christmas present to my self so I could document it and be able to modify Garand barrels to the BM59 Configuration. Imagine my surprise when I attempted to log on to Resses and place my Order.

Any hoo any help would be appreciated and I can post the finished barrel drawing if anyone is interested. I have made quite a number of BM59 Parts drawings if any one has any requests.

Kenshi AKA BM59_Fan on some boards.

Beretta M1 Garand Barrel in 7.62mm (.308" for those in the US :lol: )

Vic, There are also some that think 7.62mm NATO and .308 Winchester are the same. Those of us that know that they are not the same do not make that mistake. Every chance I get I point out the difference between the specifically limited loads that are 7.62x51mm NATO and the wide differences in the .308 Winchester universe. Being chambered in and being able to digest the entire .308 Winchester catalog of loads are two entirely separate subjects. A similar conversation is between .30-06 Mil Spec and .30-06 Commercial.

Ciao

Kenshi (Swordsman)

I am currently working at making an economical mock up of the BM59 Nigerian and the standard BM59 barrel. The difference is that I will use a smaller OD barrel then the true Nigerian and I'll probably go without the long grenade launcher muzzle. I also am making repro Nigerian carry handles, and barrel sleeves. Just an FYI. I start tomorrow. Basing these barrels on standard Criterion .308 Garand barrels. I'd have to go with a heavy barrel to truly get Nigerian specs. The base of the barrel just has a huge OD and only the expensive heavy barrel would do.

That’s what I was going to do, use a Criterion 308 and turn it myself.

I’ve got all the parts to make a ‘nigerian’ except the barrel.

I waited a month too long last year to get one from Reese, im kicking myself now…

I’ve got a copy-carver too, been thinking about making some copies of my pistol grip stock.

But there never seems to be enough time :)

That’s what I was going to do, use a Criterion 308 and turn it myself.

I’ve got all the parts to make a ‘nigerian’ except the barrel.

I waited a month too long last year to get one from Reese, im kicking myself now…

I’ve got a copy-carver too, been thinking about making some copies of my pistol grip stock.

But there never seems to be enough time :)

Well the usgi barrel contour is not fat enough in the rear. I think a bull barrel may be what's needed.

Well the usgi barrel contour is not fat enough in the rear. I think a bull barrel may be what's needed.

That’s right.

I was thinking of using the GI profile, although it wouldn’t be ‘historically’ accurate.

I’d make a spacer for the carry handle collar if needed.

Probably would be better to just get a bull barrel.