We Have M1 Receiver Conversions Available !

mikebaker1129

For those out there that have been looking for receivers like I have. I want to let everyone know that we Have Tim Shufflin of Shuff's Parkerizing offering to convert Mil spec M1 Garand receivers to the BM59 format !

Tim can convert your receiver to the standard BM59 Ital or the more simplified Golden State version. The best news that I can attest to is that He converts the receiver for the bolt stop to "Correct " way and does not modify the bolt stop to work like some others do.

He also can do this conversion to use standard M14 mags if the cost BM59 mags are a turn off for you.

I have no financial interest in this , I just thought that I would spread the word.

I had him build me the Mark4 Nigerian model !

Thats great to hear, unfortunately the parts for the BM system have dried up when Reese went out of business. I cant find a bipod or a QD muzzle device, I found a truck full of Unobtainium and the location of Fortress of Solitude and some BM 59 magazines other than that zilch. Im looking every day online. Edited by 4 Brigada

Thats great to hear, unfortunately the parts for the BM system have dried up when Reese went out of business. I cant find a bipod or a QD muzzle device, I found a truck full of Unobtainium and the location of Fortress of Solitude and some BM 59 magazines other than that zilch. Im looking every day online.

If I had an aluminum sand casting bench setup I could make the legs for the bipod using the existing legs I have as patterns. The BM59 Bipods Gas Cylinder attachment block, leg pivot screws, clamp and clamp screws are nothing special and I already have made the drawings to machine them.

After the first of January the barrel and the demountable QD Tri Comp were amomg my planed purchases from Reeses so that I could draw it in my CAD program and be able to machine copies. All I needed are samples.

Except for very few parts: the BM59 Barrel, BM59 MKIV Barrel, MKIV Bipod, MKIV Stock and Hand grip, and the QD Tri Comp, All other parts of the BM59 family I have CAD files of and can/could produce them in my machine shop - when it gets warmer here in Las Vegas NM that is - GRIN. For the BM59 Barrel (not MKIV) all I really need is a detail sketch with dimensions of the lower band and clip attachment area, the rest, except OAL and chambering, is pure .30-06 Garand.

I have BM59 Mags and with a hyd press and a spot welder, I could make the Magazines, however, It makes much more sense to modify the M1 Garand Receiver and BM59 Mag Catch to accept either M-14 or FAL Mags. I prefer FAL Mag (cheaper).