Newly Purchase Bm 62

Dirk Williams

New guy here. I purchased a BM 62 last week. SN 002610 Berber corp. This rifle has a wooden straight stock with a pistol grip. It has a peep front sight with orange inner material and a very fancy rear peep sight. The trigger has a trigger shoe, and the trigger pull feels like about an honest 3/4 lbs.

The rifle is really clean with the stock being a high grade wood. The pistol grip is a dark gray plastic and again in great shape.

Question can anybody tell me about the rifle.Im an FN guy but have literally fellen in love with this old girl.

Respectfully

Dirk Williams

PS its a gift for my son this xmas.

Dirk - Berben NYC was the legal importer of the Beretta BM62's back in the day. The stock doesn't seem original to the gun - stock should be (usually) French walnut, a cut on both side of the forearm of the stock to grip it and will not have the 2 holes cut into it for the bipod. The end of the barrel will usually just be a undrilled tri-comp - all of this to get into the US since the 68 GCA had been passed. Pictures would really help out, the grip sounds home made, a original Beretta pistol grip is plastic and has a reddish color with a black bottom that pops off with the tip of a .308 round. HTH, and welcome aboard - Art

Dirk - Berben NYC was the legal importer of the Beretta BM62's back in the day. The stock doesn't seem original to the gun - stock should be (usually) French walnut, a cut on both side of the forearm of the stock to grip it and will not have the 2 holes cut into it for the bipod. The end of the barrel will usually just be a undrilled tri-comp - all of this to get into the US since the 68 GCA had been passed. Pictures would really help out, the grip sounds home made, a original Beretta pistol grip is plastic and has a reddish color with a black bottom that pops off with the tip of a .308 round. HTH, and welcome aboard - Art

Pictures would help alot.

Thank you for the reply's. I was viewing a picture on a BM59 collection at the Berretta factory. My rifle appears to be the 3rd one down from the top. The pistol grip appears factory origional, The stock has a shoulder device like the M60's did back in the day. The bolt # is 652828-7-SA Z-2.

It closely resembles the 1959 para prototype before they went to the wire stock. The rear swivel. swivels from the bottom to the left side. Two debits for the bipod, no bipod on the gun. The front swivel is also mounted on the left side.

I have not seen another BM62 like this in my short research. The pistol grip is maybe black plastic It looks dark gray to me.

The slide action or bolt has a PB 59 stamped on it. There are 5 holes on the gas tube and the brake is solid no holes.

Im not real camera/computer smart, Ill try and have one of the kids photo and post to the sight this weekend.

Respectfully

Dirk Williams

I got this from the origional owner who stated he purchased this rifle as is.

Sorry for being curious. I was just looking at the Berretta factory photo's again. My rifle is similar but not exact to the 3rd rifle from the top OR on the left side. The differences are the muzzle break and my rifle has the two smaller indents not the long ones for the bipod.

I have not seen the front sight I have or the fancy peep sight on the rear on another gun yet. Also the trigger shoe seems odd yet factory.

Im wondering if I got jammed. I paid 1500.00 for the works plus a case and 2 mags.

Dirk

For $1500?!!! Outstanding, probably somewhere between 1/2 to 2/3 of the going price.

The Stock isn't OEM for a BM62 - it's a BM59 Mark IV SAW stock & butt plate.

The front sight isn't stock BM59 - but, I've seen something like it on a Garand once.

I've attached pics of a standard BM62 & Standard BM59/62/69 Sight parts.

post-56709-1312648534_thumb.jpg

post-56709-1312648798_thumb.jpg

Again, nice catch :D

Steve