New Thompson: Wait Times

About 6 months is normal now.

There are several reliable class 3 dealers- Rubem Mendiola, Vahan at Auto Weapons and Frank at ATF Guns to name a few.

You will pay a 10-20% premium at a class 3 dealer.

I would check www.subguns.com and Gun Broker to try to find a smg from an individual.

Sturmgewehr.com is also a great source.

Good luck

I should be clear: SEMI AUTO.

Ten days ago the answer would have been: How many do you want? -from any distributor.

Today the answer is: try to find a dealer who will call around and find one -if one is still available.

Maybe the money flooding towards AR's has left the semi Thompsons temporarily available.

Start buying magazines yesterday.

This was pre-recent events. Last summer. Went to Kahr website and I found an extensive list of local dealers for their products. I called one near me and 5 business day's later it was in.

Ditto on mag purchase now!!! I can see 20's and 30's and drums being banned. Things are bad, and the momentum is on the other side. We are so naive and always caught by surpirse to the tenacity of our opponents.I fear we are going to lose this one.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

This was pre-recent events. Last summer. Went to Kahr website and I found an extensive list of local dealers for their products. I called one near me and 5 business day's later it was in.

Ditto on mag purchase now!!! I can see 20's and 30's and drums being banned. Things are bad, and the momentum is on the other side. We are so naive and always caught by surpirse to the tenacity of our opponents.I fear we are going to lose this one.

http://www.feinstein...assault-weapons

Feinstein keeps that on her desk just waiting for the opportunity to run it up the media flag pole.

www.tommygunner.com can order them.

Local gun guys say no way right now.

That is true of just about any semi automatic right now. Even the website you recommend states sales are based on availability.

Any FFL dealer can order them, if the distributors have them in stock. I checked several distritubors this morning online, none have any Kahr semis or AR type rifles in stock. The issue with the Kahr product could just be because of limited production. Some makers were poor at shipping before the latest buying frenzy, I have had S&W 1911s on order for over a year now with none being delivered.

www.tommygunner.com can order them.

Local gun guys say no way right now.

That is true of just about any semi automatic right now. Even the website you recommend states sales are based on availability.

Any FFL dealer can order them, if the distributors have them in stock. I checked several distritubors this morning online, none have any Kahr semis or AR type rifles in stock. The issue with the Kahr product could just be because of limited production. Some makers were poor at shipping before the latest buying frenzy, I have had S&W 1911s on order for over a year now with none being delivered.

1911's will also become AW's under the feinstenshumer's new world order -accepts a plus ten round mag, you know.

Roscoe you nailed it. Never has a democracy had so many executive orders... kinda reminds me of someone, eh?

• 2 weeks later...

Not worried about Feinstein, even if her bill passes in the Senate it doesn't stand a chance of passing the House. What you need to be worried about is the Os ability to issue an executive order.

I'm hearing that we'll know this Tues.

I saw an M1 Semi over the weekend at a Gun show in Lebanon Pa. asking price $1,400.

Lucky they have not JUMPED like AR15 have in the last few weeks.

Show price for AR was around $2,200 or about 1000 over MSRP

Used Thompson 30rd mags, battleworn in Cosmoline around $35.

PS. This is normally a small show, packed to the walls with buyers.

• 1 month later...

I called Kahr about a week ago and asked about ordering and they said that they're currently filling orders from last summer.

I called and talked to Tommygunner.com and can't get a straight answer on when one would come in. The website alludes to 3 months or more.