World War II

QUOTE (Nick Iannamico @ Feb 14 2004, 04:40 PM)
Nope still got the error.. i have the latest patch in, if that makes a diff.  It doesn't let you by-pass the error

Here is the error..

Wait, I see in the logs you were on the server playing a little while. How did that happen?

Edited by Liberator

I played on it for a while, but no one else was there. I got the download error and turned off automatic downloading and got right in.

Ping was a bit high at 250 by myself. I am of DSL that usually pings games like 50-100 max.

Jr

QUOTE (John Jr @ Feb 14 2004, 06:54 PM)
I played on it for a while, but no one else was there.  I got the download error and turned off automatic downloading and got right in.

Ping was a bit high at 250 by myself.  I am of DSL that usually pings games like 50-100 max.

Jr

Yeah, that was my next suggestion. You can go to the multiplayer options screen and set automatic downloads to No and try again.

QUOTE (Nick Iannamico @ Feb 14 2004, 08:01 PM)
Ok that did the trick... just need players http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Yeah, used to play with guys from work Tuesday night but they slowly stopped showing up b/c of real life and kids, etc. My boss still shows up that Tuesdays around 9pm EST with me but he's out of town this coming Tuesday.

So, that leads us to a time. Should we all try to get in on my server tomorrow around 4pm EST? Bad time? Good time? What usually happens is that when a few people show up and hang around it attracts others. If we get there and not enough people show up I figure I can search around for a server that's busy and we can all move over there.

Hey, have you used All Seeing Eye and joined any multiplayer servers yet? If not you should to get some practice. Some of these guys are really good! Keep your head down and use cover or you're dead meat. Don't stray from your teammates until you get some experience or you'll get swarmed!

QUOTE (Nick Iannamico @ Feb 14 2004, 08:46 PM)
I use gamespy to connect.. i was playing some death matches early, as with every other game, Quake II, III - MOHAA.. I owned them all http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Yeah, use Gamespy sometimes too. I'll add ya to my buddy list.

You owned 'em? When you shoot the real deal, it helps! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

QUOTE (John Jr @ Feb 15 2004, 06:05 PM)
I was in with Liberator and one other guy, it was ok, but the lag was over 250 and thats not good for FPS games.

Still had fun.

Jr

Ya, you must be pretty far from VA where my server is hosted in my basement. Met up with that other guy ,EastBayRay, on another server later and played for a long time. It's just so hard to get people's schedules to meet up. Wondering what niche I should shoot for to attract more people to my server. Currently I'm trying the U.S. vs. Germans for all maps and HQ gametype thing. It was hugely popular the first week when HQ was a new gametype and then it just died off.