A New Thought While On The Crapper.

Ok, maybe more information than one may want to hear but..... while on the crapper looking at my latest edition of SG News I wondered if the high cap ban Sunsets this year, does that mean the Ciener kits for the Thompson will contain a 30 round magazine???? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

I waited sooooooooo long for something like this to be released but when I finally saw it at the Thompson Show my enthusiasm came crashing down when I found out only a 10 round mag was provided.

If the ban Sunsets, this kit may be on the top of my Christmas list this year with about 10 30 round mags.

QUOTE (PhilOhio @ Mar 18 2004, 01:07 AM)
But I don't want to tell you what I think of the workmanship and design of the Ciener kit itself.

And I won't even get into Ciener's representations on availability and delivery.

Then there would be the aluminum bolt sub-discussion.

...and the lathe fitting of the barrel liner, just so it would go in the chamber at all.

...and the lathe manufacture of a new custom muzzle nut, to assemble the thing on the gun.

Yep, no doubt about it. There's no substitute for American craftsmanship. If only there were.

If only Kimber made Thompson .22 conversion kits, instead of John Ciener.

Come to think of it, you've accidentally stumbled across some appropriate symbolism, pondering the Ciener kit while riding the crapper.

I always heard the Ciener kits were "crap" http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif , but thought he got it right with the Thompson. It ran 100% at the Thompson Show, but of course I would not expect him to bring one that did not work.

I remember Rodin's famous sculpture, "The Thinker". And I thought he was sitting on a tree stump or something. . .

Kind of off of the subject, but I surely do wish Vector made .22 conversion kits for the TSMG, as they do for the Uzi. These are beautifully made, and require no more than field stripping to switch out the bolt and barrel. The mags supplied are 20 round, though 32 would be preferable and are availiable from Vector. There are no problems at all with functioning, and the gun is lightened up considerably as the bolt is aluminum with neatly made steel inserts where strength is required. This is what I take along for kids and first time sub gunners, and a brick of .22 makes for a cheap afternoon of shooting!

Good Geaawwd! Next someone will say there wouldn't be a lid on the toilet unless it was meant to be DOWN. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/unsure.gif Women!