Pictures Of My Thompson

Hey guys--

I finally got some stuff together and put together my web site. It still loads a little slow in places. It is a pure shame that there is such a tradeoff in quality of the photos for loading speed. Hope you still enjoy.

http://home.comcast.net/~ralfdog/Savage/index.htm

Sgt. Outstanding! Very nice pics, and a beautiful Thompson (NICE WOOD!). I like the Pic of the Thompson on the chair. I can only guess who left that medical bag there!! I too, also enjoyed your tribute page. Very nice Sgt!

Thanks guys for the comments. Yea, I enjoyed getting those pictures out of the closet and looking at them again. I often wonder about my dad's friends in the the photos and if they made it though the war.

Dan, I'll look at the grip tonight and see if there are markings. I don't recall seeing any, but maybe I overlooked it.

Nice web page. I really like the '28 with the Horizontal forearm better then with the Vertical, makes it look more "military". So where abouts in E.TN. do you live? I'm in Crossville and I've got family in Harriman. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if ya' want to talk about your new "baby". I'm really thinking about doing something "Class III" even if it's just making my '27 into a SBR. Anyway, talk to ya' later. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Thompsons and atomic bombs....what more could you ask for! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Nice gun Sgt!

Norm

Nice Thompson, some of the storys are as neat as the guns, Liked the Vickers, would like one of those myself... only I want it LIVE.

Thanks for sharing,

BB

Jim--

You're right about that. She's still a little sensitive; she just came out of the closet. Incidentally, some of these days, I'd like to acquire an articulated mannequin. I need something that could make a good display for British gear, to set up with my Vickers.

Nice website. You did a bang up job on it. You ougt to try to add some short movies on it of you shooting you '28. Heck, I am in Western NC, probably 30 to 40 min from the Tenn. border. I still get tickled seeing the border sign stating the home state of Al Gore. They forgot to put on it that he did not carry Tenn in the last presidential election http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif .

Scott

Guys, again, thanks for all your great comments and helping me to celebrate this moment in my life. Yea, Sten Guy and I did some serious drum dumping. I know one thing, I'm totally hooked on the Thompson SMG. That is such a rush, I just can't describe it. Thanks a bunch, for your assistance, Sten! The first time on FA, I wasn't very good at keeping the muzzle down. I took some good whacks out of the range ceiling. It was snowing white stuff for a good minute afterwards. I hate screwing up like that.

We had some feeding problems, but we suspect it was caused by bad ammo. When we switched to Sten Guy's ammo, everything worked great.

Incidentally, after taking it apart for cleaning, I can now answer Dan's earlier question about rear grip markings. There is indeed a marking at the top of the rear grip. It is the capital letter "D" firmly engraved there.

Sgt,

Congrats on that incredible Savage with a most outstanding history.

Of cousre a most excellent webpage!!!

Zamm

Great gun! I enjoyed the web page very much. I wish that I had your skills! Time to go looking for an original stock without the cross bolt. It seems to be all the old girl needs!

Sgt,...how refreshingly open and honest ...great job on the entire site,thanks for sharing your family history...what struck me most,...your background history...Solid...It is said here often that we only possess our Thompsons for a while and than someone else takes over...that 28a1 is in good hands again...to be used and appreciated...Well done.. oh ya...the babes pretty hot too!KEEPEM`SMOKIN`,out. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Smoker--

Thanks for the good words. I still draw lots of strength from those early times. Many of my hometown family and friends are now gone, but their deeds and guidance are ever clear.

Yea, wished the lady in the picture was real, but I probably couldn't afford the Savage if she was. LOL -- Smok'm if you Got'm