Any idea what the fair market value for British modified XX Mags with the solder filled holes are worth? Assume the magazine is a good condition.

For example a Bridgeport XX mag with solder vs a standard Bridgeport mag without solder. About the same or a little more.

Understand that the maker of the mags will increase the value, as in Patent Date etc.

Thanks in advance

Sandman1957

Sandman,

Ron is correct. These mags tend to have a small premium over their unmodified brethren (typically $5-15), but the key is whether the buyer cares. The mod does not turn a $25 mag into a $100 mag.

FWIW,

Roger

Thanks, So I for a fair price it would turn a 30 magazine into a 40 dollar magazine.

To change the theme a bit, I know this has been covered before, but I could not find it. What XX mags seem to be in shorter supply?

Crosby? Seems like I have heard that before. At shows Bridgeports seem to be the most plentiful, and I don't run across Crosby's that often. Are they harder to find?

Cheers

Sandman1957

Edited by Sandman1957

Twenty rounders were hard to come by in 96 when I got my Thompson. In my search for them I came across 2 of these and had no idea what they were. I knew I could save them, though. Suffice it to say that the solder is easily removed with a little heat. The learning curve can be steep at times...

The published manufacturer production numbers for XX mags are:

1. A-O = 3,030,000

2. Seymour = 2,835,400

3. Sparks-Withington = 1,300,000

4. WPS = 847,000

5. Crosby = 560,000

Therefore, the Crosby XX mags are the most scarce. They were also produced specifically for the British, so they are not likely to be encountered in caches of WWII mags in the U.S. I definitely see A-O and Seymours the most. S-W's only pop up occasionally, and I rarely see either Crosby or WPS.