Thompson parts set question

Can anyone tell me if it is legal to ship a Thompson parts set, with an aluminum receiver to New York State?

It also has a demilled 20 rnd mag.(no follower or spring).

Any info greatly appreciated.

Railroader

Railroader, ok on the parts set and dummy receiver as long as not to NYC. On the magazine it's not as clear and I recommend filling it with epoxy to be sure.

New York State law does not restrict possession of replica guns and a dummy gun will not be considered a firearm under the Penal Law. The case law on weapons requires a gun be operable for it to be considered regulated. The magazine is covered under a new section of law for which there is not yet any guidance so I recommend epoxying to avoid any possible trouble.

NYC does have laws around replica guns which will prohibit a dummy. Zip codes 10001 to 10499 will all be NYC addresses.

Not familiar with the current NY state or NY city laws but as I recall, the 100xx series Zip codes are for Manhatten, one of the five boroughs of New York City. Brooklyn Zip codes are 112xx; Queens are 113xx, 114xx; don't remember the ones for Staten Island or The Bronx. Best to check a Zip code map to determine if a specoific addfress is within NY city.

Paul