FBI Firearms Training 1930s - Forgotten History

We all know that history is endlessly lost at times and some recently discovered documents reveal the FBI's firearms training relations with the U. S. Military is no exception.

I'd venture a guess that most here have read about the history of the "marriage" between the Bureau and the U. S. Marine Corps. Especially when it comes to firearms training, the FBI Academy at Quantico, and more. Dating back to the 1930s, the relationship has been forever as solid as a rock!

In essence, that's the story we've been told anyhow. And although all of it is true, some of the actual beginnings of FBI firearms training with the military during that same period has virtually been lost over time.

Fact is, something happened way before the Bureau's marriage to the Marine Corps. And it deserves a rightful place in our history giving all of us a more complete story of what really happened...

You can find the details at our website at:
1933-'34 - FBI Relations With Army/Marine Corps

More detail about the Bureau's firearms training is found at similar links at the same website.

Enjoy the ride...
Larry Wack, FBI (Ret. '68-'03)

If any of you on the forum, haven't been over to Larry's FBI site, you are missing a LOT. It's the best web site about Outlaws and lawmen I know of.

Amazing place to research. Tons of CLEAR photos.

Click link below Larry's name in the previous posting to start, then sit and have fun. It's a LOOOOONG trip.

BTW, retired FBI SA Larry Wack has been involved in many, many, many historical searches for outlaw guns, Dillinger, Nelson etc.

A close personal friend of mine too.

Thanks for posting .

OCM

If any of you on the forum, haven't been over to Larry's FBI site, you are missing a LOT. It's the best web site about Outlaws and lawmen I know of.

Amazing place to research. Tons of CLEAR photos.

Click link below Larry's name in the previous posting to start, then sit and have fun. It's a LOOOOONG trip.

BTW, retired FBI SA Larry Wack has been involved in many, many, many historical searches for outlaw guns, Dillinger, Nelson etc.

A close personal friend of mine too.

Thanks for posting .

OCM

I've been going to Larry's site for years; I even still have the DVD he sent me of the FBI training videos, way back when. If you guys haven't been to his site, Sandy is right: you are missing some awesome historical information. :)

Rob

Larry said to ignore the blue highlighted " firearms" , they go to some commercial, just go to his website.

OCM