1918 BAR flash hider made!

Stop messing around with 18 flash hiders and crank that ACME up and start producing semi BAR receivers. By the time you get the drawings done, mock up a prototype, get the experimentation done and go into mass production, OOW will probably still not have a run scheduled yet.

Nice job on the flash hider tho.

Dan,

Another item you may want to add to your of BAR barrel accessories is a

thread protector. I needed one several years back and ended up buying one

from OOW.

Just a suggestion,

Darryl

D-

Didn't know OOW made those, or was it GI ? Dan could turn those out in a heartbeat. I think JimC has an original one on his 19 Colt Commercial as they didn't come with flash hiders.

Numrich might have GIs, but it'd be nice to see one in blue.

OCM

Correct Dan. Just screws over the barrel end and has two flat surfaces for a wrench. I have one ( GI) on my 18 as the flash hider is an original one and kept in wrap.

From what I've gleaned, the 1919 Colt Commercial BARs didn't came with a flash hider but a barrel/thread protector as Jim C , I believe, has on his. The new (er) OOW 1918 SLR, which they advertise as a " Colt Commercial" and is produced under Colt contract ( or something ) comes with a new flash hider. Stunning weapon from OOW of course.

I plan to strip the GI one that is " parked" and blue it. Kinda looks funny on the end of a beautiful blued BAR.

OCM

Bet that's a original, " rare" one. As I've said, mine is a GI. Easier for Dan to make, then drill a hole in the side. Dan indicated to me, could be the same for the FN-D model.

Love this BAR leaning curve, not a lot of us around, in the 18, 19, Monitor world. I like that myself.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On the original flash hiders, the one I received when I bought a 1918 Winchester Bar had no hole for the spammer wrench. Just hand screwed on. Bar was 1919 manufacture and a commercial one. Anyone know if the no hole flash hider might have been original?

I have an original military example with no hole for the wrench.