What causes this....?

I have a ton of vids on the PPSH and when in semi auto on a select fire gun they seemi to do a 2-4 rounds burst in a slower rate that full auto. each vid its always at the start of the trigger pull in semi. Just curious what caused this? Bolt bounce? worn trigger parts ect, but if thats the case why does it seem to only happen in the 1st trigger pull of shooting the gun??

• 10 months later...

Had similar issues, both in semi and FA. Everything "looked" fine, but when I sent the FCG off to Andrewski and conducted a detailed measurement of the FCG parts and sure and shit, things were "off" by a few thousandths of an inch here and there due to 70+ years of use and firing etc. Keeping the same serial #'d trigger housing frame, the internals were either replaced or reworked to bring them into tolerance.

Now the gun shoots just like new.

Take the time and pay the $$ to have a professional like John go over the gun, not only for safety but to make sure it functions as intended. This small investment could save you big dollars!

The easiest thing to do is buy one of he polish parts kits and swap the bolt and trigger assy or whole lower to your gun. These kits were brand new guns for the most part and the quality is top notch. I did this on my gun and it made a big difference. As noted above stock up on parts number one being bolts and two the trigger assy. I have gone through two bolts already that broke the lower fingers that feed the shells into the chamber. They used to be dirt cheap like 10 bucks a price from inter ordnance. The best bolts are the NOS polish ones

Roland, good point. I just spent the weekend doing just that. The polish kits and matching FCG's (to include bolt/recoil spring) work well and are usually new or as new. They mate well with original PPSH receivers and using the polish parts saves the original PPSH parts.

I have everything swapped out on mine including the complete lower. Original matching number parts put away. Usually run in 9mm so waiting for ammo to come down hopefully so I can afford to shoot again