ATF cashed check 10 months ago ....

36 minutes ago, Burgernut said:

Imagin this kind of service if it was in the private sector, with the kind of money that's involved, only in government. Tax dollars at work.

Yeah, just think if this was applied to counting ballots.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I think initially the first few months you were regarded as a beta tester to see if it worked so those were done quickly to get the system up and running.   After that you went back into regular cue with all the rest of the submissions.  A few weeks back I had an issue and when I contacted the examiner to fix the problem, I asked about getting a couple other transfers that have been in longer approved and was told they would not "jump the line" on the others and that I had to wait, even though it would have been faster to "batch" them on one background check, all coming from the same SOT to me. 

I'll stick to paper forms for now, since there appears to be no advantage to efiling unless you're an SOT, but even that's not going that well.  I have a guy who can't find stuff in his account that's been shipped to him, so we ended up back to paper anyhow and he didn't want to invest the time to try and fix it, which I totally understand. 

As much as I'd like to buy a couple more suppressors.  I can form 1 them faster than a form 4, and go out in shop and have it made and save several months.   Unfortunately it costs a lot more than buying one, so I'm out of that market for the time being.

This coming Saturday the 19th will be 12 months since they cashed the check on my Savage 1928A1 paper file form 4. Luckily the dealer I bought it from is a friend and has taken it out to 2 shoots over the last year so I could at least play with it a little. Maybe I will get it in time for Christmas?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Outsider said:

This coming Saturday the 19th will be 12 months since they cashed the check on my Savage 1928A1 paper file form 4. Luckily the dealer I bought it from is a friend and has taken it out to 2 shoots over the last year so I could at least play with it a little. Maybe I will get it in time for Christmas?

My dealer did the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 11:22 AM, Burgernut said:

Imagine this kind of service if it was in the private sector, with the kind of money that's involved, only in government. Tax dollars at work.

There is one well known (private sector) vendor of firearms and shooting accessories whose Customer Service Department is so bad, the company name has become a verb to signify poor customer service.  Unfortunately, they are not alone.  In the last several years, I've encountered a steady and sharp decline in the ability or willingness of a number of vendors to provide even a modicum of fast, reliable, customer service in all aspects of life.  I guess they're waiting for artificial intelligence to take over.

MHO, YMMV, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Sold a select fire M1A at the Phoenix SAR show the first week of December 2022. The buyer works as an air-evac pilot and can be relocated on short notice. He said his boss was also an NFA firearms enthusiast and had told him he could get an expedite on his form 4 because of his risk or relocation.

The individual form 4 was signed by the buyer on 12-12-2022 and was submitted as a paper form with a check. He submitted the request for expedite when the check was cashed. I received an Email from the ATF examiner on 01-04-2023 requesting photos (via Email) showing overall length and barrel length. The completed form 4 arrived in the mail 01-17-2023 (postmarked 01-12-2023). The buyer probably has an active security clearance, which may have fixed the background check issues, but I have never seen a form 4 move this fast.

Now if I can just find a reason to justify an expedite for my transfers....

Form 4 submitted to ATF today (01/18/2023) via eForms system. I have a sinking feeling paper is quicker. My last submission in 2020 was paper, came back in 8 mos.