How about an M1918 in competition.

Marlin I've had a couple years now, shot it a few times in 2-gun competitions.

Getting ready for InRangeTv Brutality match in Utah in November.

Swapped out the original wood for later stuff so it won't get beat up.

Got an M37 trigger group to try out just before this match.

post-262010-0-91745500-1635198198_thumb.jpg

post-262010-0-17300300-1635198271_thumb.jpg

post-262010-0-78659600-1635198293_thumb.jpg

Finally!
I have been waiting for someone to share their experience at Red Oktober!
Awesome runs with that BAR.
Ever tried using the OOW 30 round magazines?

APEX had our booth set up and our 3 people went thru all the stages.

248411630_2281474395343555_3848626515346

Richard

Finally!

I have been waiting for someone to share their experience at Red Oktober!

Awesome runs with that BAR.

Ever tried using the OOW 30 round magazines?

APEX had our booth set up and our 3 people went thru all the stages.

248411630_2281474395343555_3848626515346

Richard

I think I have some APEX parts on that rifle, ordered quite a few.

Sorry I missed you guys, didn't get a chance to wander around much.

I have one of the OOW 30 rounders, works just fine, the rules for Cold War Battle rifle limited me to the 20 rounders.

I had great fun and beat 30+ people that didn't shoot a BAR.

Looks like fun, thanks for sharing. Can you tell us more about the m/21 or m/37 trigger groups in a US BAR? I assume your Marlin is running the early buffer tube. Does that Swedish trigger group allow semi/full or just full only? Any modifications needed?

Looks like fun, thanks for sharing. Can you tell us more about the m/21 or m/37 trigger groups in a US BAR? I assume your Marlin is running the early buffer tube. Does that Swedish trigger group allow semi/full or just full only? Any modifications needed?

Yes, has the early buffer tube,

The M37 trigger group is semi/full, no modifications needed, pull out the trigger group pin, pull out trigger group, put in new trigger group, reinstall pin.

• 1 month later...

Great shooting with an open bolt.

I have 6 spare Kg m/21 m/37 trigger groups for my gun. I need to start selling some of them off. One of them is set up to be used on a A2 BAR with low and high rate of fire instead of the usual full/semi. I did not realize it until I got the pack. Of course my Kg m/37 could not use the pack since it has the Swedish buffer in it.

Howlin Mad, great job your videos encourage me to try something similar although I honestly don't now if I could hit plates that far out in open bolt semi mode. I struggle at 100 yards to get good hits in an 8 inch bullseye target - using the early Winchester rear battle sight the gun seems to shoot a bit low at 100 yards (sand bag rest no bipod) yet with the A2 bipod installed it seems to shoot 4-5 inches high at 100 yards. It seems the rested bipod influences the barrel.

I assume the early battle sight is set for 100 yards using 150 grain bullets? Or perhaps the early WW1 era sights were calibrated for a different load (I believe M2 ball spec was not established until nearer WW2).

Mongo, I recently picked up a stripped M/37 frame and the grips from Apex after seeing Howlin Mad's videos. I have an extra A2 lower and plan to move all the internal parts over. But I noticed the trigger guard opening on the M/37 frame is significantly larger than the American versions, which I assume is for gloved hands. I suspect the mag release is different (shorter) to accommodate the larger opening? Perhaps you could confirm. Apex does have swedish mag releases so I'm not out of luck yet if they differ. The other part I am after is the 4 hand grip screws - Apex or the other common sources don't list these, if you happen to have any spares please let me know.

I did try the frame in my Winchester and it is a perfect fit. The pistol grip is firm and certainly provides a different experience. I must admit the straight drop feels ackward when shouldering, an angled grip like the FN or Monitor would probably feel more natural to me.

Photo:post-259538-0-29355400-1638757512_thumb.jpg

Edited by nate129

The trigger is much longer than the 1918 variety. It is set up for a length of pull when holding the grip not the stock. The magazine release must be different even though I never gave it much thought. I noticed there were some modifications done to m/21/37 grip frame to handle the 1918A2 parts.

As for spare parts, I have none other than complete spare trigger frames that are populated.

Picture showing the trigger differences.

http://weaponblueprints.com/mongo/pictures/Swedish-Kgm37-sled-left-open-with-BAR2-small.jpg

http://weaponblueprints.com/mongo/pictures/Swedish-m37-left-small.jpg

Edited by Mongo