M2 New Acquisition (Iver Johnson)

Thought I'd share this new acquisition. It's an Iver Johnson M2 in an Enforcer configuration with a modified M1A1 stock. The serial number is a little above the last known serial number noted in the m1carbinesinc site (all the CA-prefix receivers are shown as manufactured in 1983).

MvycMmN.jpg

It came with the round bolt made by Universal (with a firing pin spring to eliminate slam fires) but none of the other Universal changes (such as the dreaded dual recoil springs). The remaining internal parts all appeared to be either surplus GI or to GI specs/dimensions. I test fired it and, even though it was working, I decided to replace the internals with new Fulton Armory parts. Function has been flawless for a couple of outings since that time.

I've also got a very nice M2 carbine stock that I'm considering using for this platform. I'm on the list to have Fulton Armory install their 11" barrel on it and I'll set it up so I can use either stock. Still mulling over whether to make any changes of just keep as is (possibly just replacing the flash hider with a conical version).

Edited by heavy artillery

Do you know what the threads are on the muzzle? If they are standard 1/2-28 RH, you can use any AR muzzle attachment to make life interesting. Have you tried shooting it without anything on the muzzle? Great fun at night if you don't mind being blind for a couple of minutes afterward, LOL.

I had a similar cut-down M2 years age and it was a lot of fun, but I eventually had a full-length barrel installed and restored it to regular M2 configuration.

Do you know what the threads are on the muzzle? If they are standard 1/2-28 RH, you can use any AR muzzle attachment to make life interesting. Have you tried shooting it without anything on the muzzle? Great fun at night if you don't mind being blind for a couple of minutes afterward, LOL.

I had a similar cut-down M2 years age and it was a lot of fun, but I eventually had a full-length barrel installed and restored it to regular M2 configuration.

Yes, it's threaded 1/2x28 TPI RH. I was looking at the Inland conical flash hider. I haven't tried it without the flash hider but will try at least once...