Markings on MG34, DOT manufacture, 1944

What WaA markings are found on a 1944, DOT manufactured MG34?

I'm looking at an MG34 that has a variety of different WaA markings, and I have been told that this is not unusual on the basis that DOT, at that time, was using surplus MG34 parts from other factories which were switching to MG42 production. Has anyone else come across this situation, or should the gun more properly be marked with only WaA63?

Edited by Harvington

Where are the other waffens and what are the numbers? Knowing this would be helpful.

DOT Brunn made MG34s from '41 until '45.

Early 34s have waffens on the barrel jacket extension, and on some of the small parts. There are several different styles of waffens used. I haven't seen enough of them to determine which small parts are reliably stamped

Usually, in my experience, with the Brunn guns (DOT) of which I have seen the most, the main one is stamped just behind the topcover latch lip on rear top of receiver.

There seem to be two sizes of one type of waffen on the DOT guns as well. The commonly seen size and then a much smaller size that is very hard to read. On one of the DOT guns I own, 1944 C+R NFA, there is a tiny waffen on the topcover shuttle drive arm.

Only a couple waffens on the entire gun with the main one a 63. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...