Magazine Identification Help Swiss 9mm?

Found this magazine cleaning out my grandpas workshop some years ago and I just pulled it out again it has a Swiss looking cross at the bottom and tge floorplate retainer has a 'v' ans an R&Asupeeimposed on each otger with strange script shapes on the legs.Appears to be 9mm.Much narrower to be a sten magazine smaller than most 9mm magazines.where cartridges are stripped it appears to be cut for ejector clearance?

Third time I have posted this! Where are my posts going

The cross is not the Swiss cross which is very different. The cross on the mag also has a gap and I've not noticed that type of stamp before on any mags or anything else. All I've got.......FWIW

That appears to be an Argentine PAM-2 magazine that has been altered to fit the AR-15 in 9mm. The original magazine was too wide to fit in the AR magwell, so the "quick and dirty" solution was to grind off the upper reinforcement on one side. The same magazine was also custom-ground to fit M11/9 subguns, but that involved belt sander work on both sides to produce a tapered shape.

I have several of them. They are very reliable, but a bear to load, as they are single-feed.

• 1 year later...
On 6/1/2022 at 4:43 AM, DINK said:

I have several of them. They are very reliable, but a bear to load, as they are single-feed.

Get one of these. Works great for any double stack pistol magazine, 9mm to .45 ACP. Has saved my fingers!

Uplula 9mm magazine loader, universal pistol magazine loader (maglula.com)