New Addition - Unissued Lanchester

So, I just looked at the gauges in stock. Do you know how to use it? If a feed lip is off, does this tool allow you to fix it or does that have to be done manually?

• 2 weeks later...

A historical note, my Father served in WW2 in the R.N.V.R. as a Lieutenant ( Special ) [basically a commissioned civilian] on several ships that were set up as repair stations.

HMS Artifex (general repair) and HMNZS Arbutus (electronics repair) being 2 of them.
A few times he spoke of the weapons the ship carried and the small arms they trained with.
The Lanchester SMG was one of them.
Moving forward to the time of the Falklands war (1982), my family was living in New England, USA.
My Father was watching the news coverage and spotted a Lanchester in the hands of a Royal Navy sailor who was guarding Argentine POW's!
He remarked how the Royal Navy never threw anything away.

Peter Laidler posted about having to service Lanchesters at a base sometime in the late 1970's.
These guns like so many WWII weapons continued to Soldier on for many decades after the war.

Richard

post-258486-0-16992000-1657144917_thumb.jpg

Top stock came on the gun and is a bit too glossy.
The stock on the gun now I sourced from one of our suppliers.

BTW, APEX will have Lanchester firing pins and drive springs once I locate them in our most recent shipment.

Edited by APEXgunparts

.....BTW, APEX will have Lanchester firing pins and drive springs once I locate them in our most recent shipment.

Please post when they become available. I'll want at least one FP, three springs and maybe some other stuff

.....BTW, APEX will have Lanchester firing pins and drive springs once I locate them in our most recent shipment.

Please post when they become available. I'll want at least one FP, three springs and maybe some other stuff

Looks like APEX will have drive springs, firing pins and ejector's for the British Lanchester SMG.

This morning I picked them off the pallet myself when I saw them.

All those parts should be found in this category:

https://www.apexgunparts.com/machine-guns/sub-machine-guns.html

My product listing people are working with those parts today.

I will get them priced and available for sale as soon as they are ready.

Richard

Not to beat an already almost dead horse, however the gun is clearly marked MK1 no star, Northhampton production facility (Sterling Armaments). If you look closely at the rear flange of the mag well, you will see two crossed flags, directly to the right, just barely readable is "43" (year of production). There were a number of MK1's (select fire) that were converted to MK1* (auto only) designation and this appears to be one of those. This gun has the simplified sights consistent with conversions and is FA only.

Enjoy!

A little late to this thread but I can confirm that this gun is a Mk1* and was never a Mk1, only a few hundred Mk1s were made and these all have front barrel locking screws, ramp sights, screwed together and a hole in the trigger guard for the change lever. The Mk1 I own has a blued finish which is 100% original to the gun and has no welds, the barrel is locked at the front with a screw. It was converted to mk1* but must have been done at unit level as they simply removed the change lever and thats it.