west hurley Tommy gun trigger assembly instructions

My West Hurley tommy gun got jammed. The firing pin broke in to two pieces. I finally got the gun apart. I need to reassemble the trigger assembly with new parts. I cannot find any instructions on how the parts fit together. Does anyone have a link to the trigger assembly diagram or video? You may be asking why I didn't pay attention to how it came apart, good question. The only way to unjam the gun was to pull the trigger out and slow knock pieces out thru the trigger area till the piece that was jamming the gun came loose. Trust me the gun was completely jammed with no way to diassemble. I've attached a pic of the broken firing pin for your enjoyment.

I am unaware of any WH disassembly videos, but here are a few photos of the internals of my WH 1927A1 sitting in their normal orientation on the pivot plate outside of the gun. The top view is what you would see if you looked down into the trigger frame when it is field stripped with the trigger on the right side of the photo, and the next photo is what it would look like if you could see through left side of the trigger frame, and just for good measure the last photo is from the bottom if you could see through the bottom of the trigger frame. I hope that this can be of some use to you.

post-261921-0-58739400-1655682527_thumb.jpg

post-261921-0-49326500-1655682538_thumb.jpg

post-261921-0-25583800-1655683056_thumb.jpg

Edited by TennesseeTaylor95
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I would just reference the Kahr manual and it will describe a lot of the disassembly procedures and that is a good reference guide on cleaning and maintaining the WH.

• Upvote 1

If you feel the cost is worth it, the AGI Thompson Submachine Guns Technical Manual & Armorer's Course DVD covers the semi auto Thompson as well as the submachine gun; and shows how to take apart and reassemble the trigger group parts.

I assume that you already know this, but as a note of caution: The video fails to warn you that for the semi auto Thompson, when you remove/install the upper from/to the lower, the selector must be in the "FIRE" position.

Best of luck.

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

• Upvote 1