House "Assault Weapon" Ban

I've always considered myself a hard core Constitutionalist. Absolutely, my rights as written by them old dead guys.

When my kids were young, I was very careful as I wanted them to grow up with a dad. I did a good job. Now they're in their 30's and I have a grandson. He's pretty cool and I'd love to grow old with him, but if I depart, he'll still have two great parents and many wonderful relatives who all love guns and shooting.

I want him to grow up with the freedoms we all enjoyed.

The older I get the less important a long life seems. At 65, it's been a good run. Of course I'd like that to continue, but I'm way less afraid of it ending now than when I was younger.

And at 65, I'm not really afraid of much anymore.

Something for the Gov to consider.....

Us old farts have the means but no longer have the fear.

Like a rattlesnake under a rock, don't f*** with us because we have very little left but our freedoms, and with our aches and pains, we're mostly cranky as heck and easily pissed off!

• Upvote 1

I've always considered myself a hard core Constitutionalist. Absolutely, my rights as written by them old dead guys.

The older I get the less important a long life seems. At 65, it's been a good run. Of course I'd like that to continue, but I'm way less afraid of it ending now than when I was younger.

Like a rattlesnake under a rock, don't f*** with us because we have very little left but our freedoms, and with our aches and pains, we're mostly cranky as heck and easily pissed off!

I concur

I Concur.jpg

When my kids were young, I was very careful as I wanted them to grow up with a dad. I did a good job. Now they're in their 30's and I have a grandson. He's pretty cool and I'd love to grow old with him, but if I depart, he'll still have two great parents and many wonderful relatives who all love guns and shooting.

I want him to grow up with the freedoms we all enjoyed.

Well said. I totally agree and the older I get at 46 years old the worse it seems to be and the younger generation will suffer in the long run and not be able to enjoy the fun I have had with my Thompsons.

I agree with all the above. We are faced with other problems, open boarders, high inflation, energy problems, China, as well as second amendment rights.

We could loose our freedom if the democrats on this forum and all dont vote in 2022 and 2024.

Im 79 so I dont give a damn. They will have to take my guns out of my dead hands.

Frank

Another issue is that many people who believe in freedom of our right don't fricken vote because they believe vote won't change anything.

That is one major issue we need to change in people with our beliefs. I was amazed at how many people I have met that have this attitude.

Over the last couple of years, I have started looking behind me, see the youth in my family and what they would stand to inherit, weapon wise. One has a clue, the others do not. I suspect the bulk of what I have collected over the years would probably wind up in a Saturday morning garage sale. To me, it is not about wealth. It is about the preservation of the history of this country. In one case, the history of the state that I reside in. The State of Texas. An example would be the 5 Texas Ranger Thompson's that I own. If left to some to inherit, they would simply be sold for worthless paper currency at 10 cents on the dollar. More likely surrendered to the government and turned into scrap iron the first time the government snaps its fingers. I refuse to let that happen. As I move along in life, I have decided that the best place for these particular weapons and history to reside is in the Texas Ranger Heritage Museum. I am simply going to give them these pieces of history on or near my demise. Hopefully that is some time from now. That said, what about the other super rare weapons that have been amassed over the years? Are they to be destroyed like historical statues and monuments because someone has taken offense to them, or some politician wants me disarmed? My greatest concern as of late is the unconstitutional actions of the un-elected bureaucracies fabricating laws / regulations as they see fit. Illegal and completely unconstitutional. As I watch the rapid demise of this great country by NWO / slime politician's that have been bought off like cheap prostitutes, I have to ask myself where the line in the sand is? It is a troubling problem that is going to have to be addressed, if we stay on our current path of destruction. If this government enacts a law requiring you to surrender your vintage Thompson's, what would you do? What would you do with that three-digit 1921A Colt Thompson, original serial numbered "L" or "C" drum or coveted pair of shot magazines? Surrender them, cut them up, hide them? If you have to dig a hole and bury them, you might as well not own them. This dilemma is starting to give me great pause.

Frustrating. I have worked for the government in both the military and law enforcement, passed the GSA background check, (which is so tedious that they practically want to know who my ancestors worked for in indentured servitude) been approved by the ATF to hold class-3 permits, and have never broken any laws. I would think that I would be viewed as trustworthy. Yet I sit here wondering if I should keep what I have or give it all to my son now while I can. I have already given him quite a few weapons as I have seen this coming. I will say this, before I would surrender my tommy guns, I would heat them in my forge and pound them into scrap on my anvil. (Then they can take them)

The passing of federal red flag laws in effect takes away a person's first amendment rights ... Complain too much to your senator or representative about the second amendment over-reaches and they might consider you an extremist and send federal law enforcement agencies to steal your property.

All of us here are in the same boat.

Old age has ruined most of my hobbies ... Now the government is trying to finish them off.

I would say if it comes to that old Trooper rather than smelt a Classic hand her of to somone willing to let her roar and not intend on giving it up.

It seems a bit off, but I was raised in a Christian family of good hardworking folks. Lots of volunteers in public service for the good of others. Boy Scouts....Eagle Scout 1973. And I still live by the Scout oath and promise and try to do at least one or two good turns daily.

We all are/were quite patriotic too.

I was never allowed into any service branch but I tried. Turned 18 in Nov. 1975, but Congenital cataracts took that idea south.

So I owe a great debt of gratitude to those who served in my place and never fail to thank a veteran for their service. To those Vets here, my family and I thank you and I owe you.

I swear, every time I recite the Pledge of Allegiance or sing the National Anthem, I also am reaffirming my duty as a citizen to uphold and defend our Constitution. And that is why the Second Amendment was added.

But too many people don't think like that nowadays.....many couldnt even recite the pledge.

Pitiful.

Like others here, I love history. Most on this site do. Not all Historians are gun owners, but most gun owners are historians to a degree.

As we all have seen, many are forgetting history, and we here know where that will take us.

But at 65 years old, I have a bad hip and a couple bad knees. Arthritis starting up too. I can still shoot but am not going to perform like Sergeant Saunders did.... not even close.

But there's lots of stuff I can do, gunsmithing and repair, reloading, driving, etc.

I'm still useful and will do what I can AND WHAT I MUST DO to prevent the USA from being "reset" into a full boat Biden-Commie state.

And what I see happening and being allowed to happen is really pissing me off.

As I said above, it's been a good run so far....

hopefully that continues into a happy old age for most of us. If not, we can tell St Peter we did our best.

Do what you can when you need to and God bless.

Edited by john

That video was funny on several counts. The bad part is that with the way things are faked these days, how would you know if someones creds are real or not. I do however have to wonder what or why they were looking at this person? It is within the ATF's right to look into questionable purchases, say a pile of handguns over a short time. That can and should throw a red flag for something being off. I have seen it locally, here in Ohio that guys wil try to buy multiple handguns then turn around and sell them on the street to people who can't legally purchase or own a firearm....same goes for many of the "private collection" aka unlicensed dealers at the shows local to me who deal in new or "used" firearms and sell to anyone with a pulse and cash. Those out for the quick buck are the ones who will end up costing us all in the end.

Oh but wait....I forgot....I'll be considered an anti gun person because I want people to stop being greedy and trying to get us all screwed over.

Edited by Got Uzi

"I have seen it locally, here in Ohio that guys will try to buy multiple handguns then turn around and sell them on the street to people who can't legally purchase or own a firearm....same goes for many of the "private collection" aka unlicensed dealers at the shows local to me who deal in new or "used" firearms and sell to anyone with a pulse and cash."

You are right on about this. Same for the local shows here. 50 handguns on the table, every show and marked "private collection". These guys are the problem.

A simple solution to this entire fiasco would have been for the ATF agent to notify the locals that he was doing an investigation at that address. Maybe ask for a uniformed officer to accompany him. Especially if you look like him. Sloppy dress, unshaven and does he even have socks on?

• Upvote 1

The complete footage shows what a complete moron the ATF guy is.

Something tells me that he is going to be the butt of a whole lot of jokes in the Cols PD for weeks to come.

The response in the ATF office will probably be somewhat less jovial.

You are right on about this. Same for the local shows here. 50 handguns on the table, every show and marked "private collection". These guys are the problem.

So back in the day when you mail ordered firearms without a license or FFL and we didn't have the problems we have today, please explain how "dealers", "background checks", waiting periods, and general gov. intervention have solved or diminished crimes by any of the people who shoot other people? The goal of all of those is to inconvenience the law abiding to abandon firearms and self preservation and let gov. take care of you. Do away with all of those rules and you'll see no increase in crime, and perhaps a drop due to a higher rate of firearm ownership for those on the fence about dealing with the hassle. Start incarcerating violent felons and crime would drop immensely, but the goal is to increase crime hoping you'll beg government for help. .......and here we are.

The guy with the table full of handguns is the same as a guy selling hammers IMO. Hands, fists, and feet are the primary weapons of violence.....gonna regulate those too? I travel in some of the highest crime areas of the country for work without conventional weapons. They are this way because there are influential people that want it to be so, it's not a coincidence or accident, or bad timing, it's all by design. My fees are based mostly on project risk, physical and financial.

"So back in the day when you mail ordered firearms without a license or FFL and we didn't have the problems we have today, please explain how "dealers", "background checks", waiting periods, and general gov. intervention have solved or diminished crimes by any of the people who shoot other people?"

I agree with your basic logic, however that is not the real world that we live in today. Like it or not, a system has been designed and put in place by bureaucrats so that it may be used against us. The long-term goal of which is to disarm us. "The Powers That Be" are using that unlicensed dealer to create the problems we face today relative to gun violence. They point at him and say, "we need more gun control". Next, they intentionally turn the felons that use these weapons illegally right back out the street to create more havoc. Then blame it on us. This is what bureaucrats or Communist in this case, do. They simply cannot take their game down the road much further until you and I are defenseless. With that said, you are right. A well-armed society would police much of the problems we are having today. However, that will not be allowed to happen. The gun control machine will continue to grow.

https://americasfreedomfighters.com/breaking-bidens-doj-announces-5-new-anti-gun-strike-forces-across-america-heres-what-we-know-2/

The "authorities" are not interested in disarming criminals or stopping the violence. The increased violence is by design. Disarming the gen pop is the goal. It will never happen.

Trally004.jpg

Not to worry, I have a lot of rope! You're correct in that they are communists and follow the manifesto's. It seems as if the word is sort of starting to spread to the masses, at least where I travel? I guess we'll see in a couple months?

Years ago when I was hunting in Can'tada that subject came up at dinner and it seems reporting and "turn in" programs were not too popular up there and when pressed they claimed with some calls and ample time they could unearth just about anything that was stashed before the bans? Not sure how many generations pass before that's all forgotten? Holding out hope through early Nov. then we'll re-asses?

The "authorities" are not interested in disarming criminals or stopping the violence. The increased violence is by design. Disarming the gen pop is the goal. It will never happen.

Trally004.jpg

Going to need a much beefier gallow and several ropes.A simple single gallow like that might suffice a small town. Maybe pikes woukd be better left to serve as a reminder.

post-284317-0-02999100-1659588267_thumb.jpg

Edited by Countryboy77