Mushy trigger fix ?

1950Plymouth

Anyone else feel that the Reising trigger action is a bit mushy? I wonder how to improve it.

I have all new springs from a combination of Wolf and Keystone kits.

I realized on first takedown that the tiny mushroom shaped spring button was missing on my trigger spring. (There are two in the gun. The auto connector spring has an even tinier one. Dont lose it!) I hate to have a part missing, so i purchased one and added it. It is my understanding that this mushroom end faces up and rides the groove on the receiver. Anyone know different? Its hard to tell on diagrams. I will say that i do not love the geometry of a spring sliding closer to the fulcrum like that. Im no engineer. Maybe its supposed to reduce effort needed to keep the trigger held down, like a clutch pedal spring having an over-center to reduce fatigue. But i digress.

I tested it and it felt kinda scrapey. The mushroom was a New old stock part and had a little nipple from where it was made on a lathe. Kept it from sitting flat. I polished the mushroom button head with high grit paper and got it like glass. I also stoned the receiver groove where it rides. I further stoned the ends of both the trigger spring and the auto connector spring to remove burrs and flatten the last coil. Smoother.

However the end result is not what id hoped. The return action of the trigger after being released in full auto is still not what i would call positive. It works, and the auto connector clears the action bar fine, but you can still move the trigger farther forward manually than the spring takes it by itself. The spring only takes it about 85% of the way.

Did i err in polishing the mushroom? Should i have left the tiny sharp tip?

Do any if you not run the mushroom at all, and just let the trigger spring ride on the receiver?

Am I a mushhead? Has my wife been right all these years??

Id love to hear your thoughts.

(Heres a Pipe dream: use a mousetrap trigger spring like an AR 15)

Edited by 1950Plymouth

I can not offer any advice since I'm such a nubie with a MG let alone my M50. When I was waiting on my stamp I bought a spring kit from wolf and had a smith replace the springs when I did get to take it home. With my trigger the issue is that it takes a lot of pressure to trip the trigger. It can cause me to throw my site picture off when I press on the trigger. I'm getting use to it but at least I have a safety added by not having a hair trigger. The gun runs fine but the mags give me trouble with feeding,,,, I have two christys and they are some what problematic at times. Lucky me I have a good NFA gun smith just about 12 miles from me.