Fair price for a virgin Swedish K tube?

Mojopin2010

Personally I think a virgin K tube is only worth $13k-$15k or so as youll have $1,200-$1,500 in a parts kit then another $2,000-$4,000 in having in built. That being said, with the insanely INFLATED prices these days, who knows what a Swedish K tube gun is worth anymore. Im basing my argument on the last couple Ks I saw sell which were in the $17.5k-$20k range. I think a Swedish K tube gun over $20k is crazy and over $25k is beyond insane.

Im still trying to figure out what the differences are with the prefix on the tube, with one prefix being better than the other? Was there a batch of bad Wilson tubes vs good ones??

Tough sell for a complete gun over 20k IMO. That tube, may 10-15K? I wouldn't exactly call that virgin?

A tube is a tube is a tube. They are all the same IMO, some require a bunch of work and some less, depending on what you want to make it into, but for 27K I can make an MP18i a Swedish K and have money left over?

Looks like an Andrewski built gun sold by Recon Ordnance. Should be good to go if you want to pay the price? At one time there was a rack of them there until the tubes ran out. I looked at them a number of times but could never get past the color? Another year or two and mine might be done, but it won't be green.

On a side note I asked RIA for the buyers list of suckers.....ain't for sale, but the girl did laugh and admitted that list is a closely guarded secret. They have no idea why some people pay so much either, but some on the list do? I'm not generally one of them.

Edited by johnsonlmg41

Personally I think a virgin K tube is only worth $13k-$15k or so as youll have $1,200-$1,500 in a parts kit then another $2,000-$4,000 in having in built. That being said, with the insanely INFLATED prices these days, who knows what a Swedish K tube gun is worth anymore. Im basing my argument on the last couple Ks I saw sell which were in the $17.5k-$20k range. I think a Swedish K tube gun over $20k is crazy and over $25k is beyond insane.

Im still trying to figure out what the differences are with the prefix on the tube, with one prefix being better than the other? Was there a batch of bad Wilson tubes vs good ones??

I never heard of a bad batch of Wilson tubes. I have seen “L” and “MB” prefixes that worked perfectly. I was told they were from different runs with slightly different construction. I know that some started out as a straight tube and then had the side rails welded on and the welds are very obvious. Others might have been shaped from one piece or the welds were cleaned up to make it look like one piece.

That makes sense. Ive never heard of bad Wilson tubes either. Personally I would say that the one in question has extremely shitty markings compared to the one Ruben has for not much more. Still tho.IMHO those are wishful hope I can snag a sucker prices.

When I saw the price I figured there was crack in use when posting the listing.

Then it was going to generously offer a Swedish K kit at on $5K if you buy the tube. Obviously the crack was still in effect. Then the prices of the spare magazines, I was starting to wonder if they lister was going to be found dead from drug use while posting.

Edited by Mongo

Gentlemen, the "L" series Wilson tubes (200 mfg by Andrewski (Stan)) are quality items. Stay away from the "M" series tubes as there might be serious questions regarding the material used to make them. That is all I will say.

I saw the parts kit offered for 5k and stick magenizes for $300. I made a snarky comment about inflation hitting the swedish k transferable market hard. It unfortunately got deleted rather quickly.

I'm positive the offer of the "mostly complete" parts kit for $5k and $300 stick mags was completely facetious...to further illustrate the ridiculousness of the asking price on the $27.5k raw tube.

I don't think he cares? There's also the possibility like a lot of things these days....it's a consignment piece? Like a ton of the other sellers on GB who seem to get higher values based on?

Apparently low IQ's of their auction followers? I'm no psychologist so I have no explanation on how or why, and am horrible at retail sales. I have a couple higher dollar guns for sale and last week a guy emails and says he'll take them both if he can put them on a CC, so I respond "I doubt your credit limit is that high?" Never heard back? Maybe I should use one of these guys?

Never know. Might be worth it to use their services, but then again you will lose how much due to seller fees. With the way prices have become inflated, its really taken the fun out of the hobby. Seems like everyone is now trying to set a new record for the highest priced item.

I saw the parts kit offered for 5k and stick magenizes for $300. I made a snarky comment about inflation hitting the swedish k transferable market hard. It unfortunately got deleted rather quickly.

I'm positive the offer of the "mostly complete" parts kit for $5k and $300 stick mags was completely facetious...to further illustrate the ridiculousness of the asking price on the $27.5k raw tube.

Hey now! I would totally sell a mostly complete kit for $5k! I might throw in some extras!

And you thieves ain't getting my mags for $300! I listed them for $375, don't be trying to cheat me. If you've got $27.5k to blow you have an extra $75 per mag. I'll cut you a deal if you buy 10