Not sure if this helps, but I'm gonna try. I've ordered stuff from Numrich before and this is what I learned. I think they have bins of parts and their descriptions are usually correct. I went back and looked this up. They have 2 reinforcing bands listed - 1927 Semi-Auto # 501280 and M1A1 Full-Auto #519040. They appear to be different. I attached a picture that I cut and pasted from their website. It is not exactly to scale as I just "eye-ball" sized it. See the arrows. Go back and see which one you ordered. They do have a good return policy if you don't mind paying to ship it back. They might have sent you the wrong one also. Good luck!

i founf this the other day when a whole page of them popped up my thompsons all have the 10.5 blank fire barrels and original fore stock this means i need the fa m1 band. it works on the 27 also the fat wood and thicker barrel on the semi auto from the factory would most likly use the bigger one. thank you very much for the input and pictures

peter

• 2 weeks later...
  • dalbert changed the title to Reinforcing Band

i bought a couple from numrich     have to look closely at the model the band fits.     i have original wood on both my semi 27s, with the 1/2 inch grip rest.   the original fore grips are more tapered and i have the blank fire barrels so they are the same size as the originals.     i bought one a few weeks ago that was over sized and cut it and rewelded it     these last two i just bought were for the m1 full auto.   they fit perfect.  

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2022 at 7:57 AM, peter kohler said:

i bought a couple from numrich     have to look closely at the model the band fits.     i have original wood on both my semi 27s, with the 1/2 inch grip rest.   the original fore grips are more tapered and i have the blank fire barrels so they are the same size as the originals.     i bought one a few weeks ago that was over sized and cut it and rewelded it     these last two i just bought were for the m1 full auto.   they fit perfect.  

Dang.  The one I bought for my BFONG Thompson did not fit correctly.  I had bought the SA one and then sent it back for the FA one.  The new one fit the barrel correctly but not the forearm.  The band had rounded "corners" on the bottom, and I had to inlet the stock and use a clamp to get it to fit properly.  Not sure if the Phillie Ordnance BFONG uses USGI wood, but I am thinking not as the wood was fairly soft.  Maybe I should have tried it on the SBR first.

Edited by RKALSKI
add more info