MP40 without WaA-markings, only serial number on heel of receiver

Apologies for the long absence; life tends to get in the way of hobbies unfortunately. A few things.

1. The gun is indeed in Finland so US rules and laws not relevant. Gun is live and in good working condition

2. The provenance is solid, well documented and verified and the serial nr refers to an important date related to this gun and its background

3. I personally have no reason to doubt the story/gun/provenance but as stated: these are always an enigma or a mystery, so nothing is 100% fact. 

4. I can not provide more pics, the gun is not mine so I do not have free access to it. 

5. Thank you all for the input and comments. To me guns like these (and the mystique around them) are the best part of collecting. I am the first to admit I know next to nothing about anything, and will always keep an open mind to learning. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Beginner said:

Apologies for the long absence; life tends to get in the way of hobbies unfortunately. A few things.

1. The gun is indeed in Finland so US rules and laws not relevant. Gun is live and in good working condition

2. The provenance is solid, well documented and verified and the serial nr refers to an important date related to this gun and its background

3. I personally have no reason to doubt the story/gun/provenance but as stated: these are always an enigma or a mystery, so nothing is 100% fact. 

4. I can not provide more pics, the gun is not mine so I do not have free access to it. 

5. Thank you all for the input and comments. To me guns like these (and the mystique around them) are the best part of collecting. I am the first to admit I know next to nothing about anything, and will always keep an open mind to learning. 

A completely unmolested MP40 is a real rarity today. I have one as well, a bnz 41 example. All of the original factory parts staking is undisturbed, so we know that it's never been disassembled past field strip.

Thanks for posting!

• 3 months later...

I might have something related, I have a BNZ 42 that has a styer marked wwa by the stock release but the rest of the buttstock has nothing except a “4” under one of the rods leading to the buttstock. I’ve been told it could be an armors replacement, but the styer proof has always made me wonder.