Band Around Foregrip Assembly

The question I have is - was this 

On 11/26/2022 at 3:06 PM, Steelflood said:

I found a reference to the band, a little late, but here it is:1782506990_forearmbandnewhppscan366(1).thumb.jpg.21dee6f5a3eca61e18cffafecee6ea0d.jpg

Would this change in 1943 have been done to the guns at the factory, or only as a field-issue item?

Also, when the guns were rebuilt at say RIA after the war, would the rebuild have included the band?

Maybe the RIA rebuilt guns didn't get them because they ran out of parts.   There doesn't seem to be a lot of loose bands around.  I had to look high and low to find mine.   

it seems to me that about 50% of the pictures of the M1A1 in WWII combat show the band in use on the gun.  Vietnam pictures seem to lack the band.

1526234690_m1a1thompsonvietnam2_zps4d926df1.jpg

Edited by Doug Quaid

Good to get new into. I think my kits from Royal Tiger Imports all had a pretty worn out band. I don't know it the pic you had was from Richardson's catalog, but I remember him selling the band.....And now it comes to me that Philly Ord was selling at least one band that looked new.

IIRC, by May 1943, all US TSMG production had already ceased. I think we can say that the bands were for retrofitting and were not used in initial production.

My M1 TSMG with milled grip mount will remain without a reinforcing band.

MVC_010S.JPG

55 minutes ago, TSMGguy said:

IIRC, by May 1943, all US TSMG production had already ceased. I think we can say that the bands were for retrofitting and were not used in initial production.

My M1 TSMG with milled grip mount will remain without a reinforcing band.

Thompson production continued until early 1944. 

i have a west hurley with a 3 digit number i believe it was made in 1975    it is semi auto but the grip rest is the 1/2 in with the rivit.     i use a front band     if you buy them from numrich you need to make sure you get the correct one ... they come in different sizes.   they make them for the semi auto which has a fatter wood grip then the originals.   btw  mine is a 27 sbr.   all original wood