PPSh-41 on GB

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/953122437

Not mine, don't know the seller.  Lots of stuff goes with it

He originally had it listed at $34K.  He dropped it to $30K and has a "Take a Shot" option so he sounds like a motivated seller.  There may be a deal to be had

On 11/3/2022 at 11:09 AM, StrangeRanger said:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/953122437

Not mine, don't know the seller.  Lots of stuff goes with it

He originally had it listed at $34K.  He dropped it to $30K and has a "Take a Shot" option so he sounds like a motivated seller.  There may be a deal to be had

I spoke with him several weeks ago. The gun is legit, but the bolt, barrel and stock are not matching. I passed on it, even though it's a nice gun.

If I didn't already own its Yugoslavian cousin, I would probably have made him a "Take-a- Shot" somewhere south of his ask just in case he was real motivated.  I'm not interested in this one for that reason so I posted it here for someone else to pursue.

Did you see the PPSh prices at Poulin's auction?

One hammered at $19.5K or $24.6 out the door with an 18% buyer's premium and a 6.75% sales tax

The other hammered at$22K so $27.7 OTD.

Real world prices at an auction?  What is the world coming to?

19 hours ago, StrangeRanger said:

Did you see the PPSh prices at Poulin's auction?

One hammered at $19.5K or $24.6 out the door with an 18% buyer's premium and a 6.75% sales tax

The other hammered at$22K so $27.7 OTD.

Real world prices at an auction?  What is the world coming to?

I wonder if those two guns had issues... that price seems very low for the market. On the other hand, the stock market has certainly erased a lot of of wealth this year, inflation is out of control and people do not feel as "wealthy", which does impact discretionary spending. 

In my mind, good PPSH's should be in the  low to mid-30's depending on gun attributes. Fully matching examples, that are in good shape can command even more for collectors who value classis open bolt SMG's.