WTB MP40 parts kit or individual parts.

I am retired and as a hobby I look for hard to find parts that are buried in basements or attics that may never be found.  I sell by auction and always start an auction at $1.00 with return privileges.  I enjoy bringing happiness to people that are searching for that obscure part that they may never find.  I wouldn't be too quick to be judgmental, one day you may be looking for that part that I can provide.

On 11/20/2022 at 9:04 AM, 3rdmardiv said:

I am retired and as a hobby I look for hard to find parts that are buried in basements or attics that may never be found.  I sell by auction and always start an auction at $1.00 with return privileges.  I enjoy bringing happiness to people that are searching for that obscure part that they may never find.  I wouldn't be too quick to be judgmental, one day you may be looking for that part that I can provide.

If I need a hard to find part I'll come here. Not judging you, but would rather provide parts to people on this board than subsidize your retirement hobby. Good luck in your endeavors.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, reichstall said:

I 'am sorry but i have to side with wiking I would go out of my way to help someone but not to urn a profit. I do wish you the best .This is just my stand point . not to put you down.

So, you are saying you would simply give someone that needs a part out of the goodness of your heart?

12 hours ago, 3rdmardiv said:

So, you are saying you would simply give someone that needs a part out of the goodness of your heart?

Just did the other day on another forum. I had some spares sitting around and sent them postage paid. That member needed them for a project he was working on that I was following. So I'm out 10 bucks and whatever the parts cost me decades ago. I figure the good will might come back to me in my time of need, and besides that, I'm never gonna get rich anyway.

understand your point I really do, and I am really new to this forum It really is it just don't sit well with me. I agree we all buy stuff and at some point, just sell it sometimes as a profit and sometimes not. I just don't think this is the place for that. it really is a double edge sword on one side if I needed a part, I would buy it from you. But if i supplied you a mp parts thinking you needed it but then found out I sold it to you for you to profit I would feel not so good. I would charge that price for resell and not a helping price I do this with German daggers which I have way too many. So, as I said I really do wish you the best. Maybe in the oringal  post you had stated your plan nobody would care but did not find out to later.

I buy and sell on GB as well......But I miss more than I win due to unrealistic pricing by most vendors....I also build and shoot what I build and repair as well. I have been the recipient of the generosity of the members of this board in completing projects of mine.....and have passed along a few parts as well.....This board and Weaponsguild are off limits for me as far as buying and flipping. I simply value the cameraderie and free exchange of knowledge on the boards mentioned more than I do the profit off of parts sold to me as a favor.  I am currently building an MP41 clone as I can't justify the ludicrious prices I have seen on GB....Could probably afford....but I'd feel dirty...LOL, so far I have found parts on Sturm, a buddy on weaponsguild hooked me up with a trigger and housing for $50 bucks and I got a fire control group for Richard at Apex.....as I did just pick up a 41 kit for a reasonable price, I'm gonna most likely finish putting together this one as a kit....and then either build as a semi, or pass along to another builder for my cost.....I rounded up vigneron mags in a trade with a fellow member here....and damned if they don't fit a steel airsoft magwell nearly perfectly. :D Good news is now that I have a kit, gonna have a good friend make drawings and solid models so I can start making some replacement parts for both MP40 and 41. Just have to raise funds to buy a horizontal mill and have the profile cutter made and bolts will be in production :D I just can't wrap my head around the bolts listed on GB for over $1100 bucks.....made one fellow (NOT THE OP) an offer for a damaged 40 bolt after the third relist as I enjoy repairing things like this and making them useful again, and got cursed and insulted in the most vile terms I could imagine.....FOR MAKING AN OFFER. He is a member here.

Edited by Mad Machinist

I just realized, this forum apparently does not have a buy and sell area.  Most of the posts here are of an informational nature.  I can understand now the opposition to a poster primarily interested in the commercial aspects of these interests.  I will respect your concerns and limit my exposure to the more commercially oriented sites.  Mea culpa.