Thompson Indiana Hard Case at auction

With Dave's permission.  There is an Indiana Hardcase manufactured by Greg Fox in 2003 and includes a Collectors Armory replica TSMG from the 1990's coming up for on-line auction December 4th at GunauctionsUSA.com in Largo, FL it is lot # 71032 and currently pre-bidding is at $650

It goes without saying that Greg has produced some of the finest Thompson hard cases.                  Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving

image.jpeg.de6a67618c49792897ce6d09c329ea8b.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 2:36 PM, October1971 said:

With Dave's permission.  There is an Indiana Hardcase manufactured by Greg Fox in 2003 and includes a Collectors Armory replica TSMG from the 1990's coming up for on-line auction December 4th at GunauctionsUSA.com in Largo, FL it is lot # 71032 and currently pre-bidding is at $650

It goes without saying that Greg has produced some of the finest Thompson hard cases.                  Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving

image.jpeg.de6a67618c49792897ce6d09c329ea8b.jpeg

I just got the invoice, should arrive in a week or so. I don't think I got a great deal in that the replica is a Denix (I assume). Current Collectors Armory Thompsons are vertical and horizontal foregrip Denix models. I'm not going to throw the gun in the trash....I will say I'm excited to have my first case. Well...it will be my first Denix tool.  I don't know for sure that Collector's Armory was selling Denix when this was made.I do have one reproduction drum and plenty of magazines to swap GI parts in....

You got a nice case - and at a great price too. If I did not already have one.... 😉

• Upvote 1

Glad you got the Indiana case. The replica TSMG was purchased from Collectors Armory around 1990.  It's a heavy metal gun. I believe the drum is a hollow display model. But there may be at least one patent date 20-rd stick mag in the grouping or Auto Ordnance mags.

I bought the Indiana case directly from Greg Fox in 2003

Merry Christmas...!

• 5 months later...
On 12/10/2022 at 8:24 PM, October1971 said:

Glad you got the Indiana case. The replica TSMG was purchased from Collectors Armory around 1990.  It's a heavy metal gun. I believe the drum is a hollow display model. But there may be at least one patent date 20-rd stick mag in the grouping or Auto Ordnance mags.

I bought the Indiana case directly from Greg Fox in 2003

Merry Christmas...!

2003, and 20 years later, I am buying an Indiana case directly from Greg. I am now looking forward to the arrival of the case in the UK,  sometime in July. 🙂

7 hours ago, rpbcps said:

2003, and 20 years later, I am buying an Indiana case directly from Greg. I am now looking forward to the arrival of the case in the UK,  sometime in July. 🙂

I was remiss with no pictures and no update. October...you're right, by heavy metal, you mean MGC 1921 Thompson. I made a mistake...I think Collectors Armory use of Denix now misled me. MGCs are pretty plentiful so I understand Collectors Armory using them as long as feasible.

I couldn't find the drum.  , and I cant find the exterior pictures showing the need for restoration.  I'll just make something up and post the goods soon as I find it.  My armory is temporarily over stocked since I'm ramped up for production.  For historical purposes ha ha, I'll give a post mortem on the drum.  Fun fact: Auto Ord sourced drums for MGC, but MGC never sourced anything from Auto Ord, considering MGCs closely match sub gun Thompsons, which is the OEM, Auto, or MGC? Typing that I realized I could evaluate the MGC lower vs. Bob''s BFO upper. And see if less work is needed than Tom's work in Las Cruces to match a USGI lower with an Auto Ord upper. It's super easy, barely an inconvenience.

Now I see the box and MGC 1921 Thompson as just an assembly I'm charged with deploying however someone wants it.

One view of the MGC is I swap it with a Denix because what we're looking at is a windfall of MGC parts.

The MGCs new life can be conversion to a more accurate representation of the actuall1921 Thompson, bigger Cutts and such, still cheaper than garbage gunboker standard.

A Denix actually has a purpose: free up that MGC so it can go where I need it.

The outside of the case has worn through spots.......but, when we have the skillset, we can fix it.  The outside hardware needs refinishing. Now the case pays for itself.  I can quickly spec out what would be needed to make an IMA case OK, one of many many evaluations I make...or quickly determine the IMA is trash...trash like Denix..The real beauty is if I don't have an example, I'll tend toward a "gold platted" spec that I have to walk back, which takes time. It keeps quality up, not down.

I see the MGC can fill a specific US market need: It is actually a bad ass combat configured 1928A1. Conversion costs and time are minimal.

Right now I'm filling an order to serve a  M1A1 Hudson:  5 mags, 150 cartridges and "hundreds of caps"....If you repurpose the pictured MGC, now you can meet a need that was not met in any way at all.  

Postlogue:

What about da guns? Las Cruces produces the assemblies .I need.  I'm in line. So there is really nothing to do until I source a quality firearm platform.  If Denix is trash, but you could spend a lot of time and fix it, what does that make Auto Ord insofar as Denix looks quality next to it.  Denix plays it's assigned role of "garbage can for garbage parts" quite well, Auto Ord does not do it's job as "firearm". 

I can dress an airsoft, or modelgun frame quite easily with USGI stocks and save someone money over CAW/MULE stocks....Auto Ord has no redeeming qualities except conveniently not being competitive while I'm starting a business.

THE MGC IS NOW A FREE RANGE THOMPSON, FREE FROM THE GILDED CAGE: THE PAUL FOX BOX

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

17 hours ago, rpbcps said:

You might as well just rip the bandaid off and get the a few others too. FBI, Alabama, and a Drum case. You already have Gordons.

2 hours ago, ppgcowboy said:

You might as well just rip the bandaid off and get the a few others too. FBI, Alabama, and a Drum case. You already have Gordons.

I already have one of Greg's drum carriers too, bought that a while back.

My problem now though is, with the British Transit chest (3 drums), drum carrier, (5 drums), Gordon's case, (one L and one C drum), and now the Indiana case, I am short of drums. Hence the reason I bought the two XL drums from Uncle Dudley in April, using them as fillers...

1 John's C drum, 2 pre war NY NY address /WPS, 2 Crosby, 1 Seymour, 2 WW2 AOC, and the 2 XL fillers still leaves me one short. 🙄

25 minutes ago, ppgcowboy said:

It is an obsession, albeit a fun one.

My wife would disagree...

She says it is an addiction... albeit a fun one 😂