1928 80% build

Finally received the receiver to start the build, but have a question. The oiler included in the kit is missing the felt pads, are those available any where or am I going to have to make a set? 

3 hours ago, Rolland said:

Finally received the receiver to start the build, but have a question. The oiler included in the kit is missing the felt pads, are those available any where or am I going to have to make a set? 

How can you fit a breech oiler into an 80% receiver?

I made a mistake I ordered the Machinist book on the 1928A1 but its not working out, where can I get a set of prints for the upper receiver. Any help would be appreciated 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem with the firing pin on this 1928A1, I am getting light firing pin strikes. The receiver has been milled to specs according to the military drawings. The firing pin  protrusion is .030. That is with the bolt in battery.

The kit was an import back from Russia all parts look to be new with no wear. No idea if that is the case just going on what was told to us when we purchased it . Since I have no specs to compare the firing pin to see if it is correct. Could someone measure one for me and let me know the overall lenght. Or direct me to somewhere I can get the drawing for the pin. 

Thanks

I have having a problem with this 1928

a1

Edited by Rolland
  • Like 1

Did your kit include a military 1928 barrel, if not that may be your problem. as some after market barrels , the chamber is not up to specs, chamber two deep would cause light primer strikes,  also some after market barrels do not screw into the receiver deep enough, causing a light primer strike'

Edited by bob241

Yes it did include the barrel well a least it was in the box when it was handed to me, the markings on the cutts looks correct and there is a small stamp on the barrel shoulder I cannot read.  The firing pin protrusion is .030 and I understand the correct protrusion is .045  to .050 that is why I had suspected a problem with the pin altho I could be mistaken.