Cop's Chopper Caption Challenge

On 12/3/2022 at 9:16 AM, Merry Ploughboy said:

Well, we've got a couple "pianos" here.  I'm sure the Commander won't mind if I go to the range and redo some of the piano lessons I had to take as kid.

True story time related to this:

Twenty four years ago I bought my first Thompson from a friend here in Minnesota.

Curious about its past, I asked him what he knew and he said the dealer he bought it from in 1987 told him it came from a PD and he thought it was "Hastings"(?) And maybe in Ohio?

Couldn't locate a Hastings, Ohio PD so tried Hastings, Nebraska. Nope. Not from there.

We have a "Hastings" here in Minnesota, so I gave their PD a call and spoke with an officer who said he had 30 plus years in and remembers their one Tommygun.

Nope, not a match but a cool tale.

He said he and his partner on the night shift used to check it out, grabbing a few boxes of .45 acp and a couple drums.

They would head off in the middle of the night for the county dump in Welch, Mn. and taking turns, one would man the spotlight on the car while the other blasted away at the the rats with that Thompson.

He chuckled as he recalled the fun, and I can imagine the narrative......

"All right you dirty rats, now you're gonna get it" 🤠

He said they never had any complaints of machinegun fire in the middle of the night either......and by his story and dates, this would have been in the late 1960s or early 1970s.....and that area was all big farms back then.

It never helped me locate the origins of my own gun but made me realize that many others loved Tommyguns as much as I did!

Edited by john