Although I dearly love my 1911 ,45 ACP, it is not kind to

my very arthritic hands so I bought a Walther PPK/S in .22 LR.

Don't laugh!  The little .22LR in hollow point is a very deadly round and the gun is small enough to be carried in a coat or pants pocket!

walther-ppks-22-long-rifle-33in-black-pistol-101-rounds-1457234-1.jpg

If you have small hands like I do, the PPK usually fits your hand well, depending on joint geometry of your hand, of course.  It is, in my opinion, one of the most beautifully styles guns even made, with sweeping art deco curves.  Everyone poo-poo's it for conceal carry, because of all the more modern alternatives in larger calibers available today, but if it fits your hand, and you can put lead on target, and don't mind the weight of an all steel pistol, it can work for you.  It's a damn sight better than putting your empty hands up in the air and hoping you don't get shot.

Who is laughing.

In the hot months of summer the pistol I most often slip into my pocket is a North America Arms, 5 shot 22 mag derringer. And I hope I don't need it.

In cooler weather I carry something bigger, like a 38 spl.

Almost forgot, in between I may have a Walther TPH in my pocket.

Jim C

I have been carrying a PP in 32acp off and on for years.  I have 2 PPKS in 22 and love them both.  I do my most accurate shooting with the PP or PPKS, even with my old eyes, and use the PP 32acp to qualify live fire for my CCW permit.  The (import marked) WWII PP is in my winter coat right now.  My main pocket gun is a Colt 1908 in 25 acp, carried in a wallet holster I had custom made to eliminate the profile.  I'm not nor have been a cop or soldier so I'm usually in protect/defense mode for carry.  Somebody asked me what I expected to do with the 25 acp, as they were skeptical on its worthiness as a defense round.  I said, "stand over there and let's see".  No takers, yet.  25 acp standard FMJ will penetrate 5 to 7 inches in ballistic jell and 1200 fps 22 long rifle round nose is good for 12-14 inches.  If I have to shoot, it will probably be close and these rounds are lethal.  Another of my carry guns is a recently acquired Ruger LCPII in 22 long rifle.  It's light, 5/8 of an inch thick, not very expensive, holds 10+1 rounds, has a thumb safety, is extremely reliable, and pretty accurate in the 10-30 feet range.  I am starting to carry it more in a front pocket wallet type holster.  My wife carries a Beretta Tomcat in 32 acp.  She has some arthritis and with the Beretta tip-up barrel she can load without racking the slide.  It has very low recoil, is accurate and reliable and fits nicely in her concealed carry purse.  It was her Valentines gift.

Colt 1908 Wallet holsters 010.JPG

Colt 1908 Wallet holsters 009.JPG

pistols range.jpg

kathie beretta.jpg

colt 1908 wallet 2.jpg

colt 1908 wallet.jpg

colt 25 1908.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PPKs in 9mm kurz, AKA .380 auto, me against 4 people hell bent on dishing out an intense ass kicking after they broke in and I confronted them. To them it was a complete mind changer. When I asked them who wants to be first, no one volunteered. Sheriff arrested them the next morning. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 2:10 PM, jim c 351 said:

Who is laughing.

In the hot months of summer the pistol I most often slip into my pocket is a North America Arms, 5 shot 22 mag derringer. And I hope I don't need it.

In cooler weather I carry something bigger, like a 38 spl.

Almost forgot, in between I may have a Walther TPH in my pocket.

Jim C

Exactly what I carry when I want to be discreet. When not, FN 5.7.