M1A1 Thompson, For your entertainment

Thought I would post, due to the current miserable state of affairs nationwide, I thought an injection of "humor" with the following GB listing would be in order.  Enjoy.

M1A1 Thompson From Estate of Pearl Harbor Vet WW2 History - Machine Guns at GunBroker.com : 950495224

Seller has a M60 Reising semi auto for sale at only 6 grand !  Thats only about 2 or three times what they usually bring so it's a bargain !

Have noticed some Gun Broke sellers price things so high they must either be:

Hoping for the sucker with really deep pockets or

They really do not want to sell it. "Gee Honey I listed it on Gun Broke but no one has bid on it yet !"

You might want to check M60 prices again lately. Some have hammered for that and more, but I have no clue why. I would sell mine in a heartbeat for $6K! LOL!

Edit: you would need $4K at least to get this home from RIA.

Harrington & Richardson Model 60 Reising Semi-Automatic Carbine | Guns & Military Artifacts  Rifles  Semi-Auto Rifles  | Online Auctions | Proxibid

Edited by giantpanda4

On 12/10/2022 at 10:06 AM, Ivan said:

Seller has a M60 Reising semi auto for sale at only 6 grand !  Thats only about 2 or three times what they usually bring so it's a bargain !

Have noticed some Gun Broke sellers price things so high they must either be:

Hoping for the sucker with really deep pockets or

They really do not want to sell it. "Gee Honey I listed it on Gun Broke but no one has bid on it yet !"

My impression is that most of the overpriced sellers are just hoping for a sucker.  They're hoping for a new buyer who has no clue what guns cost.

Other sellers are just completely delusional about the value of their guns.

I think in this case, it seems to be the delusional syndrome combined with a brain made of lunchmeat.

I say that because:

a.) The price tag is absurd.   It's not just overpriced, it's absolutely ridiculous.  

b.)  The seller clearly thinks that this re-watted franken-shooter is a priceless national historical artifact just because it sat in the gun rack of some WWII vet in Arizona.

These two things don't exactly make the seller look like Albert Einstein, do they?

I don't think it's a case of "Gee Honey I listed it on Gun Broke but no one has bid on it yet !" because he says he's selling it for other people.

Edited by Doug Quaid

This auction is easily the most goofy thing I've ever seen on gunbroker.

It's pretty common for people to do a silly write-up for a gun with lots of goofy extraneous information that they think enhances the value of the gun.   

Or lies about how their uncle 'took it from a dead German general on Iwo Jima."

And you see some pretty ambitious prices.  

But I never saw any Thompson anywhere priced out at $259,000.   Where on earth did he get that price from?

Maybe he saw the hammer price on some super high-end Thompson auction.  Like the 1919 Thompson prototype selling for $500k.