Accuracy?

I have a WH 1928.  I got it about 15 years ago and was a jam-o-matic so shipped it to PK and he did his thing.  We installed a 95% or better Russian Lend Lease kit and scrapped the WH parts.   Then I got it back I put in the safe and just now am shooting it.

I have an article where Khar gets a 5 shot, 4-inch group at 100 yards with their 1927 model.  

So, what accuracy do you get at 25 yards, 50 yards and 100 yards?

It would not have occurred to me to paper a short barrel submachinegun that fires from an open bolt. I've never shot mine from a rest.

Like you, I'm just happy that PK thoroughly sorted out my WH M1. I bought mine from the original owner and it would not fire three rounds without a stoppage of some kind. Now, function is 100%. All parts have been replaced with parts from an original NOS condition M1 kit except the frame and receiver, so the serial numbers match.

PK also completed the milling operations omitted by WH, bringing the gun into original specs. The gun no longer has that characteristic WH M1 slab-sided appearance. The quality of finish is also much better now. 

MVC_010S.JPG

Edited by TSMGguy

With my 1928 I have been able to put 6 out of 10 shots in

to an 8" circle at 100 yards, bench rest, semi auto, Lyman open sights, and old eyes, I am 73.

I thought that was pretty good. A young guy would probably do better. Hell, I had a hard time seeing the damn 8" circle at 100 yards.

Something tells me that a 10-15 minute group (5 round) at 100y is reasonable.  I have my own 133yd range.  My AI varmint rifles will do 1/2 minute - that's S&B scoped off a sandbag.

Don't know about the condition of my thompson barrel, probably a free-for-all with open sights at 50yds with a 10" bbl.

I seldom even look at the sights and the Thompson is almost never on single fire.  I shoot it similar to shooting a bow and arrow using the "instinctive" method of aiming by looking down the barrel with both eyes open.  I can get a 3 or 5 round burst at a man sized target at 15 to 35 yards and make 1 to 3 hits.  For an open bolt subgun, that seems fair.

I failed to find my old targets but I seem to remember 12-14 inch, C-C groups, at 100 yards rest with my TSMG .

The thing that surprised me is my Reisings didn't do any better, and they fired from a closed bolt. 

Any of my M1 carbines would out shoot the Reisings.

Jim C

10 hours ago, jim c 351 said:

I failed to find my old targets but I seem to remember 12-14 inch, C-C groups, at 100 yards rest with my TSMG .

The thing that surprised me is my Reisings didn't do any better, and they fired from a closed bolt. 

Any of my M1 carbines would out shoot the Reisings.

Jim C

I had a 9mm MAC10 and half the weight of the gun is the bolt.  When you dry-fire it, the gun jumps like a mousetrap from the bolt slamming forward.

Yet it was surprisingly accurate.   It would do 3" groups at 25 yards from a rest. 

Very few people look upon a full auto MAC10 and picture it shooting 3 inch groups.