WTB : Reproduction Thompson spare parts tin.

33 minutes ago, Outsider said:

Greg, there is one on gunbroker now. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/964898024

Not mine. No connection to seller.

Steve

I'm no expert, but that listing looks more like a WW2 Bren spare parts tin more than a thompson spare parts tin to me. It looks just like the Bren tins that APEX is selling for 10 bucks. I mean, sure it will probably work to hold thompson parts, but I don't think that this is the tin that the OP was looking for.

Edited by TennesseeTaylor95
  • Like 1

$1400! I paid $225 in 2017, for my Gordon Herigstad reproduction box, number 253, bought from seller on ebay. 

4 hours ago, rpbcps said:

$1400! I paid $225 in 2017, for my Gordon Herigstad reproduction box, number 253, bought from seller on ebay. 

Mine was $210 in May 2020, and I thought that was a lot at the time.  I guess one of the last one's left.  Maybe a good investment.

I recall them being sold off of Evilbay a couple years ago along with ejectors, long cleaning rods and other "Gordon" repro  stuff.....my thoughts were that I could never afford a Colt anyway, so let them go.

I did buy a long repro cleaning rod from Warren Kreiser at Tracie's in 2004(?) But have no idea what those are worth nowadays 

Edited by john
Sp

I did buy one however it had super secret classified documents rolled up in it. so had to send it back to D.C. 

they said all it looked like was a old copy of BAZOOKA JOE  wrapper.

so i was good to sell it at rock island auction for $500g.post-504-0-84439100-1620716330_thumb.jpg

With the humor and insanity of pricing for lil metal boxes with $100 bucks in parts.YOU may not remember J.C.Earl and the complaints about him on prices. Today everyone who sells.... is ten times worse than anything Curt put out there.I did the last taped Interview with him when he was still stable.and knew him since 1969.along with Gordon and Richardson and names you would have no idea who they are but had a presence in the Thompson History.....This is the only place i get to have humor with it.

post-504-0-05609100-1619373602_thumb.jpg

I recall seeing Gordon’s boxes and also an original at the SAR Show back when Gordon and Doug were still alive. If I recall the latch or clasp on Gordon’s box  was different than a original and an easy way to tell them apart, yes?

Bob

Edited by reconbob
Mistake

18 minutes ago, reconbob said:

I recall seeing Gordon’s boxes and also an original at the SAR Show back when Gordon and Doug were still alive. If I recall the latch or clasp on Gordon’s box  was different than a original and an easy way to tell them apart, yes?

Bob

Apparently the two boxes were not different enough because the fact that Gordon didn't mark them as repros it caused the biggest bruhaha in Thompson collector history and a great deal of bad feelings along with the start of a new Thompson group. 

OK Ron, I suggest we pile into our time machines and take advantage of some of those deals. I'm waiting on H.G. to get back so I can borrow his.  

Time Machine.jpg 

When that ad came out Curtis called me on it and wanted the five  M1's i had. I said i have a nice 1918 Winchester blue bar,{ He had jacked me around on a nice 98% 21ac years before. would not pay me $3,000 sent me a check for payment, of $2,000 i said ship gun back for full refund he said nope.} I have the gun now, tough beans, I sat back waited it out. When he called again on M1's he said oh you the big player now i said yes. why you worried? He said i want the Bar i said payment in full. he paid i shipped him gun without the wood Buttstock. and parts.

he called flipped out.you could feel the steam thru the phone. suing, lawyers, all threats. i said remember my Colt 1921AC. HE DID. I said we are even..and hung up... Also later i got a free MG-42 on another of his bad deals. sold it to Irv Kahn in Ohio for $900 bucks. so i was made whole again on the loss.>Later in years  when i moved to AZ we made up like 2 good ole boys, and everything was cool. of course i paid for the chinese dinner in full when we went out. men sometimes do that stuff.

I made many friends on both sides of Law and  order.

that is why i am still here.I think Marty is still around at 90. At shows i hear names and they say who?I said you would not know that name it  was 45 years ago.very very few are still around Mr 1971 in Florida still is. If they started in 1967 they have me beat.

Since i was dealing guns in the Marines in 68/69 to start. Well enough fireside chat.CAN'T BORE the new breed of guys.

• Upvote 1