Reising M50--still waiting

Blitz10

I filed by eform on 6/13/2022. I am now coming up on 7 months. Reading on wait times, Silencer Shop says average wait times is 8 months. Hopefully mine will not be above average. So what are some of your wait times for NFA items. I am beginning to get antsy the closer I get. I look on the ATF sight every 2 weeks and nothing is pending. I did go and look at it several months ago and it was nice.

It's an average.  There is one little old lady at ATF who processes Form4s in 30-60 days.  That skews the results even though she only does one a day on alternate Wednesdays after tea.  Most folks are realistically seeing closer to a year.

Took me 13 months on a trust, with most of the time just waiting in line.

Blitz,,,   I know how you feel with the waiting thing, been there and done that.  At least my transfer dealer has a shooting range and I had the privilege to shoot it any time I wanted I just had to leave it there.

When you finally get the call to come and get your "Baby"   the excitement will overwhelm you LOL 

Edited by fartsalot
Too drunk to type

14 months on a suppressor thru the Silencer Shop.  I'm thinking they are skewing numbers on wait times so as not to scare off future customers. Been doing form 4's since 1977, longest wait ever and the last. 

Imagine if they actually have the upwards of 14 million pistol brace owners register those? Even if only 1 million comply, the wait times will be much longer.  The days of 3 to 6 month or less wait times are long gone. 

Well Blitz it could be worse, “my” Reising is out of state on a paper form 4 from seller to his dealer, submitted just before E-file stood up.  Just shy of a year and still waiting. Hopefully I will get to shoot it before I die of old age🙄🙄.

Hi All,

Just had a pair of paper form 4's.  Right at a year in transfer.

BTW, USCS, if the seller would have been ok with it you could just get a C&R and it could have transferred directly to you on a paper Form 4.  Just sayin.

Yes, these are not the best of times for transfers.  When they moved to WV in the 2007 time-frame, I had another pair of Form 4's at 21 days from snail mail (nothing expedited) submitted to the seller's door.  I was shocked!

Worth the wait,

Grasshopper

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1