All Things Swedish K (slings, accessories, and more)

My gratitude to anyone who can help me find an original sling for a Swedish K.  I have to admit, I really don't even know what an original sling looks like as I have seen different examples on the internet when I have searched.

If anyone has a spare from a parts kit or knows of someone that is willing to sell one, would really appreciate it.  I have checked eBay, gun broker and various gun parts businesses on the web, and just can't source one.

Thanks everyone.

That sling looks like the same ones used on the Swedish Mauser, minus the metal clip used at the rear sling swivel.
I have never seen one quite that clean and new, they are usually a much darker colour for the leather.
Same brass buckle and button.
You might want to look for a nice Swede Mauser sling.

Richard

Both my "K's" have the original Swedish (Crown) leather slings exactly like Mongo's. I can't remember where I got them, but they were both NOS, fresh stiff and a bit of a bear to install. Two years later, both are supple and soft and work well. 

I know that there were also thinner leather slings, color matched to the "B" Green variant. I have an unissued one of those in my "K' box.

I've switched out one of my "K" M45's for a gorgeous M45 "B" variant and may not need the second original leather sling. The gun is not due in for a while, so I won't be sure until it arrives and I try out both the original and color matched to see how they look.

Mongo's pics are better (he must be a professional photographer) but note that my sling has darkened with use.

Edited by Rekraps
free up space

14 minutes ago, Rekraps said:

And yes, I have the original wood hand grips.

which is good since the one's on gunbroker are cast reproductions.  IIRC Mongo put together a light box for photography.  So good in fact,  his pictures have been used/stolen by others LOL.   A friend of mine just reminded me of that discussion the other day. 

Now all you need is a coffin mag loader, night sights, bayonet, and  manual?

5 hours ago, Rekraps said:

Mongo's pics are better (he must be a professional photographer) but note that my sling has darkened with use.

IMG_5349.JPG

Your K looks brand new.  Did JA rework it for you?   Also I have to ask, where were you able to source your mag pouches?  I know you started a thread about getting some.

I know Spiwak had a couple for sale with mags included, but they sold before I had a chance to snag them.   

I found a couple on eBay but way too much money.

Edited by NFA amnesty
grammer

8 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

Pictures from the factory manual  and a source.   The sling in Mongo's photo could be from Sarco?  Since it appears to be "new"

https://www.northridgeinc.com/product-p/swedish-1.htm

20230115_082310[1].jpg

I just ordered a Swedish Mauser sling that is in decent shape and hopefully that will work.  Looks just like the picture you posted along with Mongo and ReKraps except darker color from age and oil.  There are some Finnish slings in green that might look good too but that should be good for now.  

I really appreciate everyones help and taking the time to showl me what I should look for and the advice.  Great community we have here. 

16 hours ago, APEXgunparts said:

That sling looks like the same ones used on the Swedish Mauser, minus the metal clip used at the rear sling swivel.
I have never seen one quite that clean and new, they are usually a much darker colour for the leather.
Same brass buckle and button.
You might want to look for a nice Swede Mauser sling.

Richard

Forgot to thank you for the idea of just getting a Swede Mauser sling.

7 hours ago, Rekraps said:

IMG_5349.JPG

I have some Snow Seal which I have not gotten around to putting it on the sling. That will darken it and protect. Thanks for the complement on my pictures, I'm no where near a photographer, just some one that got tired of my crappy pictures and learned some tricks.

7 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

which is good since the one's on gunbroker are cast reproductions.  IIRC Mongo put together a light box for photography.  So good in fact,  his pictures have been used/stolen by others LOL.   A friend of mine just reminded me of that discussion the other day. 

Not really a light box, just a back ground and some lights with a camera on manual mode. They do indeed like to steal my pictures. I do water mark them and have caught people using my pictures turned into stickers selling them.

18 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

All of which I have! Add to that an OEM brass catcher. Are you sure the grips are repros? If so, they be coming off and schnell!

17 hours ago, NFA amnesty said:

Your K looks brand new.  Did JA rework it for you?   Also I have to ask, where were you able to source your mag pouches?  I know you started a thread about getting some.

I know Spiwak had a couple for sale with mags included, but they sold before I had a chance to snag them.   

I found a couple on eBay but way too much money.

Nope, the one you see is original Andrewski build. Just has been well taken care of. My new M45B/C will be a current Andrewski Build, Swedish Green with the bayonet lug shroud (plus a standard shroud). Due in in about a month. I'll post pics when it gets in.

With regard to the mag pouches, the coffin mag pouch came from Recon Ordnance (Jerry Prasser, $500 with four coffin mags) and the stick mag pouch (I have three) came from Liberty Tree Collectibles. They had them, almost brand new, for $45 each! I bought two immediately and wish I had purchased all they had. Now, they are gone and finding one is tough, especially in decent condition.

Night sights - SARCO

Sight adjustment tool - SARCO

Extractors - Numrich

Bayonet and frog - Ebay (got lucky)

Coffin mag and stick mag speed loader tools - Liberty Tree

36 round flat speed loaders - IMI

Extra bolts (complete), recoil springs & barrels - Forum members

FAKE cast grips (burns me up) - GB

Stick Magazines (Suomi) - SARCO

Integral Suppressor (Vietnam Repro) - Curtis Tactical

22 minutes ago, DZelenka said:

Mongo and Rekraps,

What is the finish on you Ks? I have an original m/45 that needs to be refinished. I know the green paint is not correct, but I don't know what is. Are either of your guns originals or are they tube guns?

Dan

My is just parkerized. Its a Wilson tube built by Andrewiski senior way back in the day.

I keep thinking about getting it painted green since I have a bayonet shroud that is green.

I too have everything that Rekraps has except the suppressor. I also picked up some magazine caps and plenty of drums.

I shoot my gun with the sticks mainly because all my ammo I bought is on Swedish strippers. I bought out a bunch of Swedish surplus 9mm that is Berdan primed in battle packs on strippers. Turns out the ammo is very rare since its very hot and tends to wear out barrels. The guys doing body armor testing always want it since it is a very thick bullet jacket at very high velocity.

BTW here is a shot of the suppressor plans a guy was selling, unfortunately I did not buy them because he thought they were gold.

m39b_resize.jpg

029_zpsf843e40f.jpg~original.jpg

Edited by Mongo

Both of mine are Andrewski guns built on Wilson tubes.  

The correct finish on the original M45's (full auto only/detachable mag well) was the gun metal gray parkerized finish you see on mine and Mongo's K's. The M45B's with select fire and enhanced end cap were all Swedish green.  
Of course many people have had theirs refinished Green and they look good also. The gun I will be getting soon will be green. 
Andrewski will finish to order (Line Waffle House) and since they are not C&R, beauty and price are in the eye of the be-buyer!

41 minutes ago, DZelenka said:

Mongo and Rekraps,

What is the finish on you Ks? I have an original m/45 that needs to be refinished. I know the green paint is not correct, but I don't know what is. Are either of your guns originals or are they tube guns?

Dan

Is yours full auto only?

29 minutes ago, Mongo said:

My is just parkerized. Its a Wilson tube built by Andrewiski senior way back in the day.

I keep thinking about getting it painted green since I have a bayonet shroud that is green.

I too have everything that Rekraps has except the suppressor. I also picked up some magazine caps and plenty of drums.

I shoot my gun with the sticks mainly because all my ammo I bought is on Swedish strippers. I bought out a bunch of Swedish surplus 9mm that is Berdan primed in battle packs on strippers. Turns out the ammo is very rare since its very hot and tends to wear out barrels. The guys doing body armor testing always want it since it is a very thick bullet jacket at very high velocity.

BTW here is a shot of the suppressor plans a guy was selling, unfortunately I did not buy them because he thought they were gold.

m39b_resize.jpg

Very cool! The integral can the Joe Jones built for me was based off pics from the Royal Armouries collection. 

IMG_1329.PNG

41 minutes ago, Mongo said:

m39b_resize.jpg

I've searched everywhere for loaded ammo on the flat clips! You dog. 

how much do you have? Each trip to the range I sit and hand load the 36 round clips. This plus the loader is the best, most efficient mag loader I've ever come across. 

This is the speed loader.

Finishes vary based on country/contract/ timing.  The finish the Andrewski's have always used was the "close enough" version, but not that close to original which likely would take some color matching and in small quantities of powder is a no go, unless you know someone.

Pouches and mags were pretty common back in the day when I bought them.

20230116_133233[1].jpg

I spent the afternoon researching the M45 specifically with respect to how the gun was finished and this is what I found:

The Kpist or original M45 (Swedish K), was manufactured in full auto only was finished in gun metal gray. The M45B, select fire had a few early production units finished in gun metal gray, but the vast majority of the select fire M45B guns were Swedish Green. M45C (ceremonial) with bayonet lug and bayonet were finished in Swedish Green also. 

Port Said (Egypt) licensed production units were all M45 (full auto only) finished in gun metal gray. 

Integral suppressed models were export only, and I cannot find information regarding the finish, although it makes sense that they would be the M45B model, as single fire is an important attribute to suppressed fire.

I spoke with John Andrewski  regarding the L and MB series that his dad and he built (~400 total units). Almost all were Port Said kits on Wilson tubes, with a few Crown kits that found their way into the mix. Most of the guns were finished in Swedish Green over gun metal gray parkerizing, but some were left gun metal gray, either ordered that way by customers or finished that way after the fact. Because the guns are not C&R, value is not related to the finish, rather the whim of the buyer. All the guns were M45 (Kpist) full auto only with detachable magazine well and early non-reinforced end cap and buffer. John has built some M45B's, but only in response to customers special requests and using M45B kits.

The unit he is building for me is a M45C, with reinforced end cap and buffer and bayonet lug shroud, on a Swedish Crown Kit, in Swedish Green.

That's it for now!

2 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

This is the speed loader.

Finishes vary based on country/contract/ timing.  The finish the Andrewski's have always used was the "close enough" version, but not that close to original which likely would take some color matching and in small quantities of powder is a no go, unless you know someone.

Pouches and mags were pretty common back in the day when I bought them.

20230116_133233[1].jpg

How interesting. My speed loader (I post pics later) fits over the end of stick mags and  has a plunger. A 36 round "tray" is inserted and with six strong plunges, the mag is loaded. I've never see this version!

• NFA amnesty changed the title to All Things Swedish K (slings, accessories, and more)