All Things Swedish K (slings, accessories, and more)

On 3/13/2023 at 10:18 AM, BillinBama said:

Rare find, congrats.  I'm anxious to see the pics.

Normally, I do not sell or trade guns, but this was an opportunity that came up and I made the decision within just a few minutes of it being posted. The gun is in hock right now, but here are two pics of the SN.... very cool.

MC AF1 1.jpg

Edited by Rekraps

13 hours ago, NFA amnesty said:

That sir is a thing of beauty.  Also love that unique serial number and the story behind it.  I wonder if anyway you can get notarized documentation about that serial number.

What I have is an email from Spiwak detailing how he got the gun and where it came from and in fact he was involved in the Keosayian collection disposition. Nobody will ever know for sure about the SN, but my research results are logical and the unique SN speaks for itself. Note that even the stamping is different than the roll marks. Cleary this was hand done. 

22 hours ago, Rekraps said:

What I have is an email from Spiwak detailing how he got the gun and where it came from and in fact he was involved in the Keosayian collection disposition. Nobody will ever know for sure about the SN, but my research results are logical and the unique SN speaks for itself. Note that even the stamping is different than the roll marks. Cleary this was hand done. 

Interesting story on that General, almost became CIA director but withdrew his nomination.  I believe he is still alive.   You are right about that serial number, had to be done by hand and only one I have seen like that from a US property marked M16A1 or A2.  Congrats again.

Speaking of accessories and stuff, I have about 54 of the 36 round flat clips for the "K" and the M76, and five or six loaders. Does anyone have any 26 round flat clips you would like to sell? I need about 5 or 6 more to round out my "15 per gun" allocation.

On 3/23/2023 at 7:24 PM, Blanksguy said:

Rekraps,

Please post a clear photo(s) of the 26-rd. flat clips that you have.

They are 36 round flat clips. Pics attached.

Edited by Rekraps

I wasn't aware of the 26 round clips, I had a lot of the 36 rounders but let them go with my previous K  couple of years ago.  BTW, I found some swedish K parts for sale on GB last night, barrels, accessories, many more than just a few weeks ago. 

I was determined to find my 36 rd. clips if they were still in my stash, so I began opening every ammo box I have.   Didn't take long, they were in one of my MP5 boxes. 

kclips.jpg

On 3/28/2023 at 7:00 PM, BillinBama said:

I was determined to find my 36 rd. clips if they were still in my stash, so I began opening every ammo box I have.   Didn't take long, they were in one of my MP5 boxes. 

kclips.jpg

So, sell me 15?

I guess I respectfully decline, this is all I have, and I think I need to hang on to them.  If I decide otherwise, you'll be the first to know.  It sure was easier when I had my first K and all the accessories , trying to re-create everything again is proving hard to do, not much stuff available and what is has really increased in value.  I've got a loader on the way, some brass catchers are out there, and a few barrels, but little else.  No slings, as the impetus for this thread showed.  The offering on GB of the blank firing barrel and 2600 rounds of gallery ammo is tempting, but at almost $2000 I'm not THAT tempted.  Which brings up a question, are there any clips inside the plastic sealed packages with the ammo?  I don't remember and I'm not ready to open the one remaining package I have.

Yeah, and I saw it a few weeks ago, but as I said, that was a few weeks ago and I've slept (a little) since then.  My excuse is I'm getting old.  That one didn't work when I was younger but now it works for just about everything, so there is one advantage I guess.  Next time I'll just ask him directly.  

Great info and pics here!  Thanks for making a forum for the K and later related variants.  I'll share some pics as I have time. 

Here's a sling that I have for my K.  I don't recall where it came from but I think it was from one of the pre-sample guns that I've had. 20230401_175428.thumb.jpg.718b7c1ee731e556a998a1680c9bf918.jpg

My first K was green, a Pearl conversion/build. The rear sight was knocked off by some dummy gunsmith(me) and after getting it welded back on I touched up the paint with some model airplane paint I had(another hobby of mine) which turned out to be an almost perfect match. 

I know this is the wrong forum to discuss MP 40's, but some of you guys have them, and I was just able (I think) to snag one thanks to a heads-up from Got Uzi that one was available on Ohio Ordnance's website. Pre-sample, nearly all matching, with four mags, mag loader and sling (looks original).  I'm like a kid at Christmas if this deal goes through!  So now I'm looking for accessories for the MP 40 as well as the K.

pre sample mp 40.jpg

37 minutes ago, BillinBama said:

I know this is the wrong forum to discuss MP 40's, but some of you guys have them, and I was just able (I think) to snag one thanks to a heads-up from Got Uzi that one was available on Ohio Ordnance's website. Pre-sample, nearly all matching, with four mags, mag loader and sling (looks original).  I'm like a kid at Christmas if this deal goes through!  So now I'm looking for accessories for the MP 40 as well as the K.

pre sample mp 40.jpg

Head to the MP38u40 Forum! Lots of info there!

22 hours ago, Lewisfan said:

Small hole versus large hole barrel shrouds.  Also note the different barrel nut and different inner black part (under the barrel nuts).20230401_182130.thumb.jpg.13eb5bfaa3c49a5ff33d3d745fd9330b.jpg

Great pics! Andrwski did both of my K's!

Again,  forgive the cross post, but I  know some regulars on the K forum have HK MP5's and I don't find a forum for that sub gun, why not?