All Things Swedish K (slings, accessories, and more)

On 1/18/2023 at 8:21 AM, johnsonlmg41 said:

The PM12's have a good reputation, but I don't think there are any transferables, so that's a no go for most of us.  There was a local guy who did a post sample  and I think he slept with it, he liked it so much.   I rarely sell anything, so all the MP5's are staying even if there is a KCR Swedish K conspiracy group peer pressuring me into getting it done?  I have an Owen on the bench now, but that group is sorely underrepresented, thus they may not be any good, and maybe I should have started the K first? LOL

A lot of interesting info and pictures here.

Add a bit more pressure to buy a "K". Girls swoooooon over them! Must be the rigid shroud, with a partially hooded sight.

I might know a thing or two about running K’s…

Ill have to dig out what K accessories I have….I know I have some misc stuff including a brass catcher, oil bottle, and even an M60 Joe shortened barrel with 3 lug for suppressor.

4 minutes ago, Got Uzi said:

Ill have to dig out what K accessories I have….I know I have some misc stuff including a brass catcher, oil bottle, and even an M60 Joe shortened barrel with 3 lug for suppressor.

The brass catchers are cool!

Nice videos. 

9 hours ago, Rekraps said:

Add a bit more pressure to buy a "K". Girls swoooooon over them! Must be the rigid shroud, with a partially hooded sight.

I already have all the stuff including a reg. tube.  It's a matter of time at this point, and since I have the SW76 I'm not feeling the rush.  Too old for girls at this point......other than Ma duece, of which there is that waiting to get built as well. 

Too bad M60 Joe bailed out, and Scott Andrey.  Great sources of stuff at very reasonable prices now gone. 

Over 20 years at the creek, and I only walked down to the subgun range once.  Never made it to the lower range.  Maybe next year! LOL

2 hours ago, Got Uzi said:

Damn good shooting John.   Thanks for posting those videos.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 10:50 AM, DINK said:

Looks more like an M14 sling.

You are correct. I pulled my M1 Carbine slings out (they were used for the M3 & M76 also) and you are right. That sling looks just like my M14 slings.

After getting off track and on this (yet another) tangent, the swedish K thing is almost on the radar?  If you think pouches/ parts are tough for that, you should try hoarding spares and accy. for these two.  I still have to finish the transit chest/ display setup, but it in the meantime I can finally shoot the guns.   The Owen is everything it's reputation is made out to be but has a number of things that are not in any documents, like the progressive trigger, 35 round mags, and a number of fail safe's  on the engineering end, even though it's not at all an eye catcher (to say the least).

IMG_8953.JPG

10 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

After getting off track and on this (yet another) tangent, the swedish K thing is almost on the radar?  If you think pouches/ parts are tough for that, you should try hoarding spares and accy. for these two.  I still have to finish the transit chest/ display setup, but it in the meantime I can finally shoot the guns.   The Owen is everything it's reputation is made out to be but has a number of things that are not in any documents, like the progressive trigger, 35 round mags, and a number of fail safe's  on the engineering end, even though it's not at all an eye catcher (to say the least).

IMG_8953.JPG

Very nice. I am, as always, envious of you guys! 

• NFA amnesty changed the title to All Things Swedish K (slings, accessories, and more)
21 hours ago, NFA amnesty said:

Decided to rename this topic as we cover a lot of cool stuff on this thread.  Went way beyond the original sling search request.

Great idea. For my parked Port Said I'm using a m1 carbine sling (same as the M3). Fits perfect and the color goes well with the gun finish. 

Anyone out there have a "K" with the C series bayonet lugged shroud? I got one and had Andrewski finish it with the gun he just rebuilt for me. Wowsier. 

Speaking of guns, I shipped an extra "K" of mine to Spiwak. He'll be listing it soon for sale. Now I only have two.

The one I traded to him is:

SN: L160

Very nice gun. I sent it with a leather mag pouch, four stick and two coffin mags.

I'm late finding this topic, but wanted to chime in. I had a green K way back when, loved it and shot it often. It was a Pearl build.  I had a few accessories too, 4 coffin mags and a pound, night sights, a leather sling, mag loader, brass catcher(also green), and lots of stripper clips.  A good many 36 round stick mags too, both original and Suomi.  Then I sold everything and almost immediately regretted it. Well, I'm back! I just bought a grey original pre-sample, got 4 mags with it plus a three lug barrel that I'm dying to try out with my MP5 can.  I hope I can contribute something to this discussion occasionally,  and I expect to learn a lot.  I was just digging around in my ammo stash and found a 50 cal can with a lot of the practice rounds and a green plastic wrapped quantity of ammo that I'm not sure of the issue. It has a label in Swedish and I'll get a pic of it and post so y'all experts can identify it. Recaps, I'd be interested in the gun you sent Spiwak. 

Here are pics of the ammo I have, I know the loose ammo is the practice rounds, I don't remember if the blue color denotes a BB inside or not.  The sealed package I think is also practice ammo, but I didn't want to open it until I have that verified, and I know some of you experts can do this.  The bottom of a 50 cal. ammo box is about 3" deep with the loose ammo.

Swedish K ammo.JPG

Swedish K practice ammo.JPG

I remembered the wooden ammo box that the practice rounds came in, dug it out and here are the pics.  I taped the lid on so it sort of functions but I haven't fashioned a latch to it yet.  More info for you knowledgeable guys to work on.

Swedish K ammo boxx3.JPG

Swedish K ammo boxx.JPG

Swedish K ammo box.JPG

On 3/10/2023 at 5:44 PM, BillinBama said:

I'm late finding this topic, but wanted to chime in. I had a green K way back when, loved it and shot it often. It was a Pearl build.  I had a few accessories too, 4 coffin mags and a pound, night sights, a leather sling, mag loader, brass catcher(also green), and lots of stripper clips.  A good many 36 round stick mags too, both original and Suomi.  Then I sold everything and almost immediately regretted it. Well, I'm back! I just bought a grey original pre-sample, got 4 mags with it plus a three lug barrel that I'm dying to try out with my MP5 can.  I hope I can contribute something to this discussion occasionally,  and I expect to learn a lot.  I was just digging around in my ammo stash and found a 50 cal can with a lot of the practice rounds and a green plastic wrapped quantity of ammo that I'm not sure of the issue. It has a label in Swedish and I'll get a pic of it and post so y'all experts can identify it. Recaps, I'd be interested in the gun you sent Spiwak. 

Sorry, guys, but since I owned three and Spiwak had a gun I wanted, I did a trade. As a rule, I keep my stuff and plan on selling once I hit that "golden" age, of which I am unsure of as of today. Like BillinBama said, he instantly regretted selling his original "K" and I understand why. What I added to my collection as a Keosayian M16A2 with a very unique SN, possibly the only known non numeric SN out there. 

I started selling off some if my collection three years ago in anticipation of getting old and possibly not being able to decide for myself or get in a bind and sell at below market prices. I'll be 75 in July,  am in pretty good health,  but my classmates are dropping like flies, which makes me realize it could happen to me anytime.  That said, I regretted selling my K, as well as my MP40 and MP5, although I did buy a post 

MP5 as a replacement.  Now I've also purchased a pre sample MP5  so I'll be looking to unload the post sample. 

I'm just gonna enjoy it for a while and let the chips fall where they may.

6 hours ago, Rekraps said:

Sorry, guys, but since I owned three and Spiwak had a gun I wanted, I did a trade. As a rule, I keep my stuff and plan on selling once I hit that "golden" age, of which I am unsure of as of today. Like BillinBama said, he instantly regretted selling his original "K" and I understand why. What I added to my collection as a Keosayian M16A2 with a very unique SN, possibly the only known non numeric SN out there. 

Congrats on that rare find.  Since you had three K's, that was a no brainer!  You will have to post some pictures of the M16A2 when you take possession.

14 hours ago, NFA amnesty said:

Congrats on that rare find.  Since you had three K's, that was a no brainer!  You will have to post some pictures of the M16A2 when you take possession.

I will. The SN is "MC AF1" 

I've researched it a bit, and based on the production of the gun (early to mid 1990's) and the relationships that COLT had with the defense industry, Air Force in particular, it appears that this gun was custom made as a presentation piece for LTG Michael Carns (MC) who was Deputy Chief of Staff of the AF (AF1) at the time and was a four star general. Hence the SN: MC AF1 (note the space between the MC and the AF1. It's a U.S. Property M16A2, Full Auto (not burst). The gun was acquired from the Keosayian collection and brokered to Spiwak. This was the last of the 50 or so guns he got from the collection.