All Things Swedish K (slings, accessories, and more)

I found these Rapid Loader clips and loader, anyone remember them? An obvious copy of the Swedish K loader but using cheaper plastic clips, and the loader is polymer also. When I bought these years ago I wasn't aware of the K version.

IMG_3344.JPG

IMG_3345.JPG

On 4/5/2023 at 4:29 PM, BillinBama said:

I found these Rapid Loader clips and loader, anyone remember them? An obvious copy of the Swedish K loader but using cheaper plastic clips, and the loader is polymer also. When I bought these years ago I wasn't aware of the K version.

IMG_3344.JPG

IMG_3345.JPG

Who would go through all the trouble of engineering and manufacturing plastic ones? These have to be some type of government contract... perhaps training rounds of a late production date?

The plastic clips broke pretty easily,  but the loader itself is robust. It's obviously a direct copy of the K loader, the company advertised in Machinegun News back in the day.  Now someone with a 3D printer could crank them out cheap I think.

On 4/9/2023 at 8:02 AM, Got Uzi said:

Somewhere I have a stack of those plastic blocks. I’ve got a stack of the metal ones too and a few of the loaders but I never use them…always forget to take them to the range with me lol

Well in that case, I'll take 15 of the flat clips! Of course they are used so the price would be relatively low.... :)

There's a Port Said parts kit for sale on Sturm if anyone is interested, $1750.  No affiliation, etc.

20 hours ago, BillinBama said:

There's a Port Said parts kit for sale on Sturm if anyone is interested, $1750.  No affiliation, etc.

If it's not a scam, that's a great price. I'd say about $500 under market... be careful.

Yes, due diligence is required.  Someone else just posted two Swedish-k kits for $1600 each, really nice looking.

14 hours ago, BillinBama said:

I just bought  a  Swedish K parts kit on GB, buyer protection is pretty good there I think.

Was that the dark Port Said unit? It was at $550 around four oclock....

1 hour ago, BillinBama said:

Yep, that's the one, it rose considerably in the last half hour! 

I was teetering on the edge of bidding... just the barrel and shroud are valued over $500 and hard to find. the Trunnion is also of value. I did not like the way the rear of the receiver was cut.... but otherwise.... good catch.

I don't think I can go wrong, adding up the individual pieces comes to a good bit more than I paid, plus I don't intend to sell anything anytime soon, so inflation is my friend!  

Well, I've messaged him through GB, emailed him, and called and left a message.  The daytime phone number is wrong,  but the evening number was his, but nothing so far. I guess it's too early to be worried,  but when I sell something I'm prompt in contacting the buyer. 

• 2 weeks later...

i had some Suomi drums when I had my first K and I never got any of them to fit the gun.  I remember filing some on the drum but wasn't sure this was the thing to do, and I sold the drums before selling the gun.  Now that I have another K I was wondering about buying a drum or two, but only if I can get them to work.  Can one of you knowledgeable gentlemen please explain what is necessary  to make them function?  If its not worth the effort I'll go on to something else, but it would be kinda cool to rip off a drum every now and then.  Thanks in advance.  And yes, my present gun (like the previous one) has the removable mag well.

2 hours ago, BillinBama said:

i had some Suomi drums when I had my first K and I never got any of them to fit the gun.  I remember filing some on the drum but wasn't sure this was the thing to do, and I sold the drums before selling the gun.  Now that I have another K I was wondering about buying a drum or two, but only if I can get them to work.  Can one of you knowledgeable gentlemen please explain what is necessary  to make them function?  If its not worth the effort I'll go on to something else, but it would be kinda cool to rip off a drum every now and then.  Thanks in advance.  And yes, my present gun (like the previous one) has the removable mag well.

Okay, I have experience with this. Using a grinder, go VERY slow grinding the face (flat) plate of the drum until it just fits snugly. 
If the drum will not seat into the mag well, then you have to find a drum that will. 
it took me a while, as each gun was hand assembled from kits (mostly Port Siad) so with the three "K"'s I've owned, two took drums fine, one did not. 
If you have a gun that does not, Andrewski can fix that also. 

Thanks, I'm gonna start looking for a good deal on a drum. I know there are several on GB, so finding one won't be a problem. 

7 hours ago, BillinBama said:

Thanks, I'm gonna start looking for a good deal on a drum. I know there are several on GB, so finding one won't be a problem. 

Yes, for some reason the Sunomi drums are a bargain. 

Pivoting to another topic, I had an original sling on my last K, would like to find at least a good reproduction if possible, appreciate any leads.