All Things Swedish K (slings, accessories, and more)

4 hours ago, BillinBama said:

Pivoting to another topic, I had an original sling on my last K, would like to find at least a good reproduction if possible, appreciate any leads.

Is your K green or parkerized/gray?

I have two original slings, one will go with my newly conditioned Swedish Green gun, while I'm debating on whether to use the other leather sling on the gray one or continue to use a OD Green web sling (.30 M1 Carbine sling). 

Seems I'm on a buying spree. I found a coffin mag for what looks like a reasonable price,  got a bid on a mag loader for it,  ordered a set of night sights too. I got a leather pouch with 4 mags a couple of weeks ago as well. I've found a salvage bag but I'm just not sure if I want it.  I looked back and found my deal to sell my old K, got $15,000 fot the gun with several 36 rd mags, night sights and brass catcher. I'd sold my 4 coffin mags and leather pouch earlier.  I'm paying considerably more for the replacement stuff, but I'm pretty confident when the time comes I'll be able to sell at a profit, hope that's a long time off.

I've been bidding on a sealed box of the training ammo on GB, had the high bid for a few days but now interest is picking up and two bidders have upped the ante.  (Maybe someone on here?)  Anyway, I'm not sure what this stuff is worth, I suppose the value (for us at least), lies in the clips that come with the ammo.  I don't know of anyone shooting the stuff, but then what do I know?  4 1/2 hours to go on the auction, its slightly over $100 right now including shipping, and I know how these things cn get out of hand at the last minute, but I thought y'all might like to look in on it.  Item # 

On 5/5/2023 at 5:12 PM, BillinBama said:

It's grey. My previous one was green.

Then I suggest a green web sling. They used those also. The M1 .30 carbine (M3 used this also) looks good with the gray finish. 

On 5/6/2023 at 9:16 PM, BillinBama said:

Seems I'm on a buying spree. I found a coffin mag for what looks like a reasonable price,  got a bid on a mag loader for it,  ordered a set of night sights too. I got a leather pouch with 4 mags a couple of weeks ago as well. I've found a salvage bag but I'm just not sure if I want it.  I looked back and found my deal to sell my old K, got $15,000 fot the gun with several 36 rd mags, night sights and brass catcher. I'd sold my 4 coffin mags and leather pouch earlier.  I'm paying considerably more for the replacement stuff, but I'm pretty confident when the time comes I'll be able to sell at a profit, hope that's a long time off.

Can't go wrong getting accessories. I have most of them. Make sure you disassemble and clean the coffin mag. I paid $500 for four mags plus the leather pouch for them and that was three years ago. There is a pouch right now on GB for $119. I passed it up as I already have two.

What's a salvage bag?

16 hours ago, BillinBama said:

I've been bidding on a sealed box of the training ammo on GB, had the high bid for a few days but now interest is picking up and two bidders have upped the ante.  (Maybe someone on here?)  Anyway, I'm not sure what this stuff is worth, I suppose the value (for us at least), lies in the clips that come with the ammo.  I don't know of anyone shooting the stuff, but then what do I know?  4 1/2 hours to go on the auction, its slightly over $100 right now including shipping, and I know how these things cn get out of hand at the last minute, but I thought y'all might like to look in on it.  Item # 

Shit, I may have missed it. I'd take the deal, toss the ammo and keep the clips!

Are you talking about the sling that came up on GB?  I am about to bid on that.  The ammo went for $74 plus the $40 shipping, I was going to keep bidding but decided not to as I have two cases (one opened) with the associated clips, and didn't think I could sell clips for that much, maybe I thought wrong?

What's a salvage bag?

That's the official term for the brass catcher that clips onto the ejection port.  I got that from the Swedish K M45 book I recently bought, as I let my original one go with the K I sold.  Salvage the brass, I guess.  

I have ten M1 Carbines, guess I can spare one sling to put on my K, I'll try that out.

There are some Suomi drums on GB right now from GT Distributors for only $79 plus shipping, I got one but there are a couple left if anyone is interested.  No affiliation, etc.   If you have a K ya gotta have a drum, right! 

On 5/8/2023 at 11:02 AM, BillinBama said:

Are you talking about the sling that came up on GB?  I am about to bid on that.  The ammo went for $74 plus the $40 shipping, I was going to keep bidding but decided not to as I have two cases (one opened) with the associated clips, and didn't think I could sell clips for that much, maybe I thought wrong?

Yep, and I could use about 15 more clips to round out my supply? Care to part with a few?

I discovered my spare parts stash could be considered “excessive” now that I’m counting what I have LOL

4 bolts

9 sears

8 extractors 

2 recoil springs

misc small pieces 

Yeah I got issues lol I do agree that having a K means you need a couple drums and coffin mags too. 

I have two drums and 2 coffin mags incoming,  negotiating for more mags.

PM sent on your spares.

On 5/8/2023 at 11:05 AM, BillinBama said:

What's a salvage bag?

That's the official term for the brass catcher that clips onto the ejection port.  I got that from the Swedish K M45 book I recently bought, as I let my original one go with the K I sold.  Salvage the brass, I guess.  

I have one also. I rebuilt it and painted it to match the gun. Very nice.

Speaking of the "salvage bag" or brass catcher, has anyone ever tried using it?  I started to once with my previous K, but gave up on getting it attached correctly (I admit I didn't spend a lot of time on it), and I wonder how efficient it really is.  I can easily see it causing multiple jambs and would think it generally isn't for sustained use (the bag will only hold so much), but I just can't see it working for long.

22 hours ago, BillinBama said:

Speaking of the "salvage bag" or brass catcher, has anyone ever tried using it?  I started to once with my previous K, but gave up on getting it attached correctly (I admit I didn't spend a lot of time on it), and I wonder how efficient it really is.  I can easily see it causing multiple jambs and would think it generally isn't for sustained use (the bag will only hold so much), but I just can't see it working for long.

If you have the original attachment clips, then it mounts perfectly. I've seen a few for sale that are missing the part and use radiator hose clamps instead. I guess that would work, but the OEM mounts fit perfect

On 5/9/2023 at 2:35 PM, BillinBama said:

You want the unopened case?

Not really, I was just hoping for some extra 36 round clips. I don't have a blank adaptor and probably wouldn't use it anyway. 

On 5/9/2023 at 8:34 PM, Got Uzi said:

I discovered my spare parts stash could be considered “excessive” now that I’m counting what I have LOL

4 bolts

9 sears

8 extractors 

2 recoil springs

misc small pieces 

Yeah I got issues lol I do agree that having a K means you need a couple drums and coffin mags too. 

Was wondering where  you were! I was just downstairs and my stash includes:

Three bolts

Three complete extractor sets (extractors and springs)

Two recoil springs

Two extra barrels (one crown, one Port Said)

One extra shroud

Two sets of Night sights

Safety bolt hold open

Two sets of grips, plus two sets of the Crown Plastic grips

Complete Brass catcher

Bayonet with Frog (to match the bayonet lugged shroud)

6 front sight post leaf springs

Two sight adjustment tools

Original Swedish field pamphlet 

One integral suppressor

Two complete sears 

Five coffin mags (with original leather carry case)

Tons of Suomi stick mags and two leather stick mag cases

Two original crown slings

1 hour ago, Rekraps said:

Was wondering where  you were! I was just downstairs and my stash includes:

Three bolts

Three complete extractor sets (extractors and springs)

Two recoil springs

Two extra barrels (one crown, one Port Said)

One extra shroud

Two sets of Night sights

Safety bolt hold open

Two sets of grips, plus two sets of the Crown Plastic grips

Complete Brass catcher

Bayonet with Frog (to match the bayonet lugged shroud)

6 front sight post leaf springs

Two sight adjustment tools

Original Swedish field pamphlet 

One integral suppressor

Two complete sears 

Five coffin mags (with original leather carry case)

Tons of Suomi stick mags and two leather stick mag cases

Two original crown slings

WOW!!!!