M1A1 Thompson complete parts sets - All parts MINT/NOS $2000 Shipped.

These M1A1 parts sets are the end of the line of Doug Richardsons stuff. These sets

are not cut up guns, but all new MINT/NOS parts. Barrel, bolt, buttstock, and forend are

still in original wrapper. Price is $2000 postpaid. For additional detailed photos and

ordering info email me at Philaord@aol.com. Also have some M1928A1 smooth barrels,

threaded for comp, MINT, for $245 and some M1/M1A1 smooth barrels MINT for $225.

Thanks

Bob

IMG_0104.JPG

I have described the parts as MINT/NOS (new old stock). I do not know what the practical

meaning of "unissued" is. They do not "issue" spare parts for military firearms. The parts are

fitted to the firearms and the firearms are issued. Also what is the definition of a "replacement"

barrel? A "replacement" barrel could be any barrel, new or used that was used to replace a barrel.

A "takeoff" could be a new barrel, if the gun was also new. Most people when they see

"MINT/NOS" figure the part is in NEW/MINT/UN-USED condition.

I checked several of the barrels and they have the Stevens square S.

Bob

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Without images one never knows exactly  what one might receive, HOWEVER, having known Doug, I never knew him to sell anything junky.....Everything I ever bought from him was 'as new'.

With that thought in mind, I ordered four of the '28 barrels from Bob knowing they'd probably be pretty nice.

That's an understatement, folks. The four I bought are absolutely pristine..... nary a scratch on any of them and I am a happy guy!

Beautiful Stevens squared 'S' stamps, a small dot and a small 'p' proofmark, never installed and threads on both ends are perfect.

Thanks Bob.

And looking at these brought back a memory of Doug:

I recall discussing barrels with Doug at the Thompson table at SAR west in maybe 2007.....and I remember him saying he had bought a large quantity of NOS smooth '28 barrels, both Savage and Stevens.

He said that he had inspected them all and any that were scratched or dinged were set aside for the addition of cooling fins - as "they'll need to be reblued after I cut the fins anyway".

Made sense then and explains the  condition of these now.

John

Over the years I also bought a few items from Doug, and I was always more than happy with my purchases.

It was always a pleasure to do business with him.

Richard