My Thompson SBR by Deerslayer

Hi all,

I told Dan that I would post a picture or two of his work on my M1927A1 with added GI parts.

Butt/butt plate/hardware - USGI (gun show)

Barrel - USGI from Recon (NIW)

Grip mount - Recon (newly made)

USGI Cutts, frame, rear sight, etc. - Omega (RIP)

Horizontal and vertical for-ends, pistol grip - Dan Block

Sling -  repro

Thanks Dan !!

(belated)

thompson_left.thumb.JPG.d8fb7764ffa2e1880d7a125b70667175.JPGcutts.thumb.JPG.f677a12769998f0de3a216df5bd82178.JPGthomson-lyman.thumb.JPG.9fd3981eb31d4bf282a2641ba33766bb.JPG

• Like 4

10 hours ago, troll said:

The lower came from Omega, now out of business. I have another lower that came with the gun (1927A! deluxe), and while it has the detachable stock hardware like a '28, it didn't have the selector hole.

Wh okay okay. I've been waiting on Las Cruze to finish my lower with the extra selector but I really wish I just had another lower in general so I can shoot my tommy.

Looks like Omega did great work on making those lowers.

10 hours ago, troll said:

The lower came from Omega, now out of business. I have another lower that came with the gun (1927A! deluxe), and while it has the detachable stock hardware like a '28, it didn't have the selector hole.

Oh okay okay. I've been waiting on Las Cruze to finish my lower with the extra selector but I really wish I just had another lower in general so I can shoot my tommy.

12 hours ago, Bayrain said:

Oh okay okay. I've been waiting on Las Cruze to finish my lower with the extra selector but I really wish I just had another lower in general so I can shoot my tommy.

That’s funny because you would have had a lower to shoot with if you hadn’t told me a  story about how Las Cruze finished your lower and so you backed out of our deal….

On 1/19/2023 at 8:11 PM, troll said:

Hi all,

I told Dan that I would post a picture or two of his work on my M1927A1 with added GI parts.

Butt/butt plate/hardware - USGI (gun show)

Barrel - USGI from Recon (NIW)

Grip mount - Recon (newly made)

USGI Cutts, frame, rear sight, etc. - Omega (RIP)

Horizontal and vertical for-ends, pistol grip - Dan Block

Sling -  repro

Thanks Dan !!

(belated)

thompson_left.thumb.JPG.d8fb7764ffa2e1880d7a125b70667175.JPGcutts.thumb.JPG.f677a12769998f0de3a216df5bd82178.JPGthomson-lyman.thumb.JPG.9fd3981eb31d4bf282a2641ba33766bb.JPG

It looks like one of the ends of the Compensator Pin is short and squared off.

Edited by Bridgeport28A1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that I've found deerslayer ie: Dan Block. I would like to make contact with him again. A couple years back I bought one of his transit chests and I'm very happy with it to this day. Now I want to find out about some furniture he may make for this same gun. Horizontal forgrip.

I'd also like to inquire about what other machine work and metal refinishing he might do but alas l still need contact info for him. 

Thanks again, Pete

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2023 at 9:46 PM, Bayrain said:

Wh okay okay. I've been waiting on Las Cruze to finish my lower with the extra selector but I really wish I just had another lower in general so I can shoot my tommy.

How long has it been for Las Cruces, that was the only place I knew of that could do many combinations of parts, like semi parts in a FA lower.

I don't mind waiting, but there's a difference between "6 months and a year" and "maybe never"

22 hours ago, USGIguy said:

How long has it been for Las Cruces, that was the only place I knew of that could do many combinations of parts, like semi parts in a FA lower.

I don't mind waiting, but there's a difference between "6 months and a year" and "maybe never"

It's been well over a year. A couple of months ago he told me he needed one more week to finish it up and I'm still waiting on the phone call back.

Said it was mostly because he never worked on a Aluminum Thompson lower and was having trouble with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a AO WH Thompson sbr that Deerslayer put together for me a while back. Swapped barrels, quick connect buttstock, engraving, steel rivets on the rear sight. I added the reduced power springs, buffer, round bolt knob and did the case for it and a few friends. I built a horizontal forearm/sling for it too so I can use it in a future military match. A great build. 

AAEB7B9F-7A02-40ED-8386-F4D836611DF3.jpeg

DCAB5223-BBD5-44C9-8E27-2E205896EEE2.jpeg

Edited by Baltimoreed11754