Swedish K - So how does the gun get painted.................

Ah, you are both wrong! I asked Andrewski about this specifically as he was building me a gun with a complete, 100% overhaul. He removes it! I asked him how, and all he did was laugh and say with a very big hammer. No other details.

You might notice the seam on the rubber stock cover. I use a razor knife and carefully follow the seam, the cover comes right off. rubber cement back on after painting.

Also remove all the trigger etc pins, they should not be painted. rivets should be painted.  BP

On 1/28/2023 at 7:48 AM, BPinFL said:

You might notice the seam on the rubber stock cover. I use a razor knife and carefully follow the seam, the cover comes right off. rubber cement back on after painting.

Also remove all the trigger etc pins, they should not be painted. rivets should be painted.  BP

My mistake, BPinFL, was there any adhesive or glue under the cover when you cut it?

There was adhesive in the seam where I cut it apart. The cushion would rotate freely on the stock before I cut it.  I have other stocks on which the cushion does not rotate freely. Maybe excess adhesive? This is on a Wilson/port said build, wouldn't do this to an original K!

On 1/26/2023 at 6:48 AM, Rekraps said:

Ah, you are both wrong! I asked Andrewski about this specifically as he was building me a gun with a complete, 100% overhaul. He removes it! I asked him how, and all he did was laugh and say with a very big hammer. No other details.

That's hilarious and sounds just like what John would say!

On 1/28/2023 at 6:48 AM, BPinFL said:

There is no seam originally.  Your's had been cut off previously, unfortunately.  

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, zavrit said:

My stock does not have the rubber cover.  Any ideas on how to come up with something that looks close to the original?  

Call Andrewski. He and his dad made the 200 "L" series K's, so if anyone knew how to do it, he would be the one.

On 5/2/2023 at 12:02 PM, zavrit said:

Thanks!  I appreciate the info.  

This is his finished product that he did for me:

K Stock Detail.jpg

Edited by Rekraps
FRree up space

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Lewisfan said:

Here's a couple more Andrewski jobs.  All nicely done.20230518_135044.thumb.jpg.5af53c610a923fd946776f3dc9c085f2.jpg

And you have two you dog! Welcome to the 2 K club! I am a member also.

I think GotUzi is also.

Posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry for the double-post!

Nah. I sold this one with all extras shown. Nice package.  Had a factory pre-sample years ago. Should've kept that one too.  Oh well.  Glad that I've had a chance to play with some VERY nice and rare guns over the years.  Wish that I could've kept more of them!  

Wilson K.jpg

1 hour ago, Lewisfan said:

Posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry for the double-post!

Nah. I sold this one with all extras shown. Nice package.  Had a factory pre-sample years ago. Should've kept that one too.  Oh well.  Glad that I've had a chance to play with some VERY nice and rare guns over the years.  Wish that I could've kept more of them!  

Wilson K.jpg

Yeah, I wish I'd kept EVERY machine gun I've ever owned. Except the 1950 Madsen, never liked that gun.  Your picture is virtually identical to the Swedish Kmpackage I sold a dew years ago, mags, pouches, brass catcher, night sights, spare bolt. Too soon old, too late smart.