Swedish K pic thread

Figured I’d start a new thread for our Swedish K guns that’s for pictures of them and be able to use it for reference. 

As I’ve stated before-my gray one is a real Swedish K pre sample and the green one is a post sample I built on a Port Said kit. The post sample has a custom made red dot mount that indexes off the cocking handle slot to hold/maintain zero. It’s one of my favorite shooters  Note that I don’t have the middle “pin” installed.  I found that I was getting sear skip/runaway gun issues due to not drilling the hole perfectly in location. By removing the pin, it allows the sear to sit higher in the gun and lock up positively on the bolt.

Edited by Got Uzi

I like all your guns. I'll post my "L" series Port Said tomorrow and if I can get J Andrewski to send me a few pics of my newly finished "MB" series, I'll post them too. 

I was poking around my "K" box and found an original Swedish modern canvass magazine pouch, with crown stamp. I'll post that also.

I'd buy another, but 2 (transferable) are enough on the wallet.

2 hours ago, JJX said:

I like the bayonet, looks sharp

fullsizeoutput_7fe.jpeg

It took me forever to find the shroud with the lug. I like it also. I note your "K" has the same sling as me and Mongo. Someone is going to be very jealous! Those slings are long gone.....

I got lucky on Monday and found a "K" bolt safety device (I guess that's what you call it) AND a "K" extractor/extractor spring/extractor retaining clip combo on GB. No waiting, I bought them both right away. 

I’ll have to dig out the accessories I have for my K’s…I have a brass catcher, a ejection port “safety” cover oil cans and I think I have an original sling too. I need to go digging. 

I also need to see what I have for spare parts. I know I have 2 or 3 bolts, several extractors, several sears, and other misc stuff. Need to inventory it all. 

On 2/2/2023 at 7:08 PM, Got Uzi said:

I’ll have to dig out the accessories I have for my K’s…I have a brass catcher, a ejection port “safety” cover oil cans and I think I have an original sling too. I need to go digging. 

I also need to see what I have for spare parts. I know I have 2 or 3 bolts, several extractors, several sears, and other misc stuff. Need to inventory it all. 

Your spare parts/accessories collection looks like mine.  But... I may actually have something you don't! Check out the modern ammo pouch!

Edited by Rekraps
free up space

19 hours ago, Rekraps said:

It took me forever to find the shroud with the lug. I like it also. I note your "K" has the same sling as me and Mongo. Someone is going to be very jealous! Those slings are long gone.....

I got lucky on Monday and found a "K" bolt safety device (I guess that's what you call it) AND a "K" extractor/extractor spring/extractor retaining clip combo on GB. No waiting, I bought them both right away. 

Good for Thee, Sad for me. 😉

I no longer have that sling in my photo above. So if some show up, I am interested also. My current sling is more like the one shown here(not my pic). It is a little thinner.

IMG_0949.JPG

Edited by JJX

Frank, I Love the pics! Interesting variations...

You guys know I had a custom integral suppressor made for my K (Joe Jones/Curtis Tactical) and I only had pics for him to use as a guide. Look how close he got just using the pics, compared to the photo posted above!

K Suppressed.jpg

41 minutes ago, Mongo said:

That is a Denmark magazine pouch according to the stamp. Sweden did supply them with SMGs and ammo. Was the pouch ever used by Sweden?

Gotcha. I'm not sure whether or not Sweden used them, but it would make sense that they did. Anyone else out there seen these pouches before?

The Bolt safety block was a nice find. It was quite beat up, but I chemically stripped it and repainted. Looks great now. Mechanically its perfect.

23 hours ago, Rekraps said:

Frank, I Love the pics! Interesting variations...

You guys know I had a custom integral suppressor made for my K (Joe Jones/Curtis Tactical) and I only had pics for him to use as a guide. Look how close he got just using the pics, compared to the photo posted above!

Thanks, those pictures are some of the ones in the Swedish K Chapter of my S&W 76 book. A lot of the info and pictures came from collectors and museums in Sweden. 

Note the rows of 4-holes in the early barrel shrouds in some of the vintage photos, and the gun with a caseless ammo conversion. 

6 hours ago, Frank Iannamico said:

Andrewski does a nice job with matching the original Model B green color, (A models were gray) the only close color I found commercially available is Lauer's Swedish green which is close, but not spot-on. 

Thanks Frank, you are correct. I have an original brass catcher and the color is almost perfect. Of course the parts kits that are painted are all very old, so the paint sheen has faded. 

I'm happy with the result, and with John, I just tell him to do his thing knowing the results will be great.